Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hello from the Pacific Northwest, USA  (Read 2098 times)

Offline MT

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Trophy
  • City / Town: Yelm, WA
Hello from the Pacific Northwest, USA
« on: March 05, 2013, 03:16:26 AM »
When I bought the new bought the new Trophy last month, my wife suggested I should keep the Harley around, just in case the Triumph didn't work out as well as I thought. We've been through this before with a succession of HD touring bikes and a Goldwing.  Happy to say, the Harley is now for sale, because after the first thousand miles on the Trophy, I ain't going back. What a great motorcycle!

Offline Glenk69

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest, USA
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:57 AM »
Welcome MT.  I can certainly appreciate placing your Harley for sale after riding the Trophy.  I went through some bike catalogs the other day and I can honestly say there isn't a bike in existence I would rather ride than the Trophy.  It is truly one of the greats which is saying something considering its a first edition and only months old.

Offline Britride

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Issaquah
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:23:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by MT [+]
When I bought the new bought the new Trophy last month, my wife suggested I should keep the Harley around, just in case the Triumph didn't work out as well as I thought. We've been through this before with a succession of HD touring bikes and a Goldwing.  Happy to say, the Harley is now for sale, because after the first thousand miles on the Trophy, I ain't going back. What a great motorcycle!

Hi, "MT".  I'm using this forum with the moniker, "Britride".  I'm from Issaquah, WA and picked up a new silver 2013 Trophy recently.  I posted the following inquiry in a different area of this forum:  "On 2/9/13, I took delivery of my new 2013 Triumph Trophy.  Right out of the box, with only 25 miles on the bike, the audio system quick working.  Fortunately, the problem was traced to a loose connection.  On 3/2/13, I filled the fuel tank for the first time.  That evening, as I entered my two car garage, I noticed a fairly strong odor of gas vapors.  The next morning the vapors were still present.  I next drove the bike for a hundred miles or so, and thought that might help, in case I overfilled the tank.  The next day.....same problem!  I believe it's a defective fuel cap assembly.  I'm working with my local dealer along those lines, now.  I'd just like to know if anyone else may have experienced this anomaly.  Thanks for your time.  Happy riding!

If you have any thoughts on this I'd appreciate your input.  Enjoy your great bike! 

Offline MT

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »
Hi Britride,

The gasoline smell would definitely cause me some concern also. I hope it's just something simple, like the cap seal. The only issue I've had in the first thousand miles has been with the windshield adjustment, and that reset itself when I shut the bike down and restarted. I had made the standard "prince of darkness" joke at the dealers before riding home in the rain, so I figured the glitch was the ghost of Lucas getting even. 

Offline Broom

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 02:40:57 AM »
MT,  I am looking to replace my Goldwing with a Trophy. How does comfort compare? Acceleration? Handling/cornering? Thanks.

Offline MT

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 07:52:16 AM »
I really enjoyed the Goldwing, ( and the Harley) and if I could, I would just keep them all...but the Trophy won me over with it's nimble handling and precise feel. The weather protection seems better to me than it was with the 'Wing, and is far better than the Ultra, and the ability to adjust the windshield on the road is a real plus in the rain. For two-up comfort, I don't think the Goldwing can be beat, but the saddle and riding position on the Trophy seems more comfortable to me. The longest day I've ridden on the Trophy so far was only a couple hundred miles, but it was very comfortable. Acceleration seems to be about on par with the Honda.

Offline Broom

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 12:45:47 AM »
Thanks. I'm anxious for a test ride. I'm also considering a BMW K1600 GTL

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 02:19:39 PM »
Hi Broom,

I sold my BMW K1200LT last month and the K1600 and Trophy were the two bikes on my shortlist.  I found the Triumph offers better weather protection and a more comfortable seat - and is way cheaper! In all fairness, I had two long test rides on the K1600 but they were both on the GT. However, it is accepted that even the GTL does not offer the same weather protection as the LT and passengers in particular are complaining about buffeting. I found the Trophy's weather protection slightly better than the LT's. Just some comparisons fwiw.
Caoimhín