Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: To buy or not to buy  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Oztom

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Sanctuary Point
To buy or not to buy
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:04:59 am »
I am considering buying a TTSE ,but am being put off by the amount of complaints that are put on the forum.
I would like to know if the latest Trophys out of the factory are up to scratch with all problems dealt with.

Offline threeup

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE - Black
  • City / Town: Nantwich
Re: To buy or not to buy
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 11:11:30 am »
From my (a UK based) perspective, some of the issues reported here on the forum appear to be a result of poor customer service from the dealers.
My machine is one of the original ones used on the UK for the pre-launch promotions with Journalists, dealers etc. so its has "suffered" all of the recalls, but that process is very dependent on the dealer. The guy that owned this machine before me had it from a different dealer and was far from impressed. My experience is different and following the Top-end rebuild the machine is smoother, quieter and and altogether better ride

My advice is to track down some "local" owners - some will probably respond here anyway, and make sure that you deal with a good, responsive and competent dealer.

Now got Black TTSE
Used to have Pre-Launch Trophy - lowest recorded Trophy VIN
Why Threeup? Me, SWMBO and her bear (Fredbear)

Offline rchollebon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trothy SEE
  • City / Town: Twickenham
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:20:52 am »
From a personell perspective it was the forum that made my mind up to buy, yes there have been some problems but it is the way they have been sorted that makes Triumph stand out for me. My bike is used every day and has covered 8500 miles with no problems, when it has been in for recall work I have been provided with a replacement bike.

Offline Lieu57

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE-Black
  • City / Town: Ohio
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:21:34 am »
*Originally Posted by Oztom [+]
I am considering buying a TTSE ,but am being put off by the amount of complaints that are put on the forum.
I would like to know if the latest Trophys out of the factory are up to scratch with all problems dealt with.

Mine is a 2014 that was built in July, 2013. I've had the ECM recall done and have had no problems, although I still have fairly low mileage (2,000 miles). Awesome bike.
'15 TTSE
Black
"Young riders pick a destination... Old riders pick a direction..."

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 11:34:03 am »
Mine is also a 2014 model with a July, 2013 build date. I have had the ECU recall completed also. I have 3000 trouble free miles on mine.

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 11:45:33 am »

I think a lot depends on where you are in the world reference replacement parts and work carried out.  :084:  I think things get sorted faster in the UK mainly for logistical reasons also bearing in mind the factory is on our doorstep!  Mine is 2012 launch model, apart from a few small probs and the recalls (all sorted out quickly by the dealers and Triumph)   I wouldn't be without her.    :001:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 01:37:13 pm »
I'd buy it, its a brilliant bike and you'll benefit from the teething issues the early adopters have experienced. 

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 02:41:42 pm »
Buy buy buy !  :002:

Roger