Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New guy with Questions,looking for suggestions.Thanks!  (Read 1503 times)

Offline azbones

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 7/13 Bld 2014
  • City / Town: Phoenix East Valley
New guy with Questions,looking for suggestions.Thanks!
« on: April 23, 2014, 06:39:58 pm »
Have ordered some goodies(Lowering links & Adventure bars).The main thing I'm looking for is what else I might consider adding/doing while the BLUE Girl is undressed for the bars install.Any and all recommendations will be welcomed as I don't like to pull plastic any more than most. Thank's Dick!
Dick

Offline Cide1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fishers
Re: New guy with Questions,looking for suggestions.Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:16:49 pm »
Doing the GPS mount now might make sense, it requires some of the plastics to come off.  I think the Triumph mount puts the GPS in a much better place than most of the more generic solutions.  When ordering, its actually two parts, one is the mount and the second part is an adapter cable needed.

I'm running the stock air filter, but K&N makes one that might be considered.  I understand its a real pain to get to though, so I haven't tried.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: New guy with Questions,looking for suggestions.Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:16:59 pm »
Second on the GPS if you are going to run one.  I would not recommend going the K&N route simply because the advantage of the K&N is that it can be cleaned often BUT in order to get to the air filter you have to remove the gas tank and half the fairing.  Personally I would not have gone with lowering links but that is up to you.  That topic has been discussed extensively with feedback as to effectiveness.  A quick search should find the thread.  What I would suggest is upgrading the horn while the fairing is off.  Again a quick search will help.  Also you may want to consider some auxiliary lighting. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST