Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Warped ABS ring  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Dmcfadyen

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE Silve
  • City / Town: Livingston
Warped ABS ring
« on: April 25, 2014, 02:19:25 pm »
Yep, only done 250 miles since I got the bike and coming home it started this really loud sound, almost like a parrot screeching. Went to the dealers today to find that the ABS ring is warped. God knows how this could have happened. They stripped the front brakes and all that but now I have this bike cheeping away at slow speeds. What makes it worse is that I go in a trip to the North of Scotland on Monday and the part won't be here on time to have it fitted. What a let down. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can adjust the ABS sensor ever so slightly so that it clears the ABS ring where it's not running true. Even by a whisker to see if that helps. Hope things don't come in three's as usual

Donald

Offline Fast Ed15

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Northport,NY
Re: Warped ABS ring
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 02:45:08 pm »
Hi, I had the same thing happen after having the fork seal fixed , I just removed the screw holing the scencer and used the washer as a spacer , all good after that

Offline Dmcfadyen

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 03:04:07 pm »
Ed, sounds good to me, Thanks, Donald

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 04:43:57 pm »
Had the same thing happen, no idea how it got bent.

The ABS ring is very soft.  you can easily bend it back true enough to work...  Mine was replaced, the new ring was not true either perfectly.
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES ( in the mail )...

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 04:58:55 pm »
Part Number T2027210

UK Retail price of £215.04

Handle with care ! If you bend one "accidentally" it might not be covered by warranty  :005:

Offline Dmcfadyen

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 05:25:08 pm »
I'll try and adjust the sensor away from the ring by a whisker to make my trip bearable. The noise goes when you go above about 30mph and when braking but it's a head turner when crawling. What's even more annoying is that I bought this 2 weeks ago and there's a better newer bike in the showroom now at only a few hundred more than mine with heated seats / back rest and less miles.

Donald

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:45:38 pm »
I had no idea that Triumph's ABS ring was so malleable.  Hard to believe.  But in any event I take it your dealer has already seen the ring and opined that it is warped and will attest to such to Triumph?  If so then I wouldn't think there be much risk in attempting to straighten it.  But if the dealer hasn't seen it then I'd listen to Coconut on the bending idea.  .   
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Dmcfadyen

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 01:18:28 pm »
Solved the problem this morning by putting a slightly thicker washer at the sensor. Two minutes.  This will do until the dealer gets the new ABS ring in. Going on a run up north this Monday. The first jaunt on the Trophy. Heading up the A9 to Dalwhinnie, cutting across the Loch lagan road to Spean Bridge, up the side of Loch Ness till Drumnardochit then heading for Beauly then Ullapool. After that we will head for Lochinver then up to Kinlochbervie. Done this a few yeard ago on the GTR 1400. The scenery is fabulous. I'll try and put it on the ride out page when I get back with some photo's.

Thanks, Donald