Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Xenon ?  (Read 16103 times)

Offline Iron Gonzo

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kleit
Xenon ?
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:15:30 am »
somebody have expirence with xenon in his Trophy?
if you have:
where to buy en how you fixed in ?

Thx

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
Re: Xenon ?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 12:06:10 pm »
Haven't tried to put them in my Trophy yet, but I did have a set in my Vision and they worked pretty good. I bought that set from ddmtuning.com. I used the 55watt slim ballast kit with bulbs in 6000K color. Had them on the bike for 3 years before I sold it. Thinking of doing the same on the Trophy or going to a 5000K color so that it doesn't quite have so much blue tint. The kit was pretty much plug and play. I would really like for someone to come out with an LED in the H4 configuration. The new Harleys with the Daylighter LEDs are really bright.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline motopoppi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: GENOVA
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 10:47:22 pm »
Upgrade from standard H4 lights to xenon or better bixenon is also my intent. :112:

I've found this Bixenon kit :

http://www.xenonpertutti.com/kit-xenon-canbus/68-kit-h4-3-bixenon-canbus-panda-grande-punto.html (www.xenonpertutti.com is the most known italian online shop for xenon kits)

The kit is complete with slim ECU, cables and bulbs. :028:

My doubts are about ECU's and cables positioning in the fairing.

Any suggestion ?  :400:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:15:17 pm by motopoppi »
Sergio

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 02:46:36 am »
That's a lot of wiring to hide, believe me. I have the H13-4 bi-xenon kit for my truck and they are even cut short to leave as little wiring as possible to hide. There is one downfall to Xenon kits that you should be made aware of. They create havoc on picking up radio stations due to the interference coming from the ballasts. Unless you can shield the ballasts, don't expect to hear your local radio station without some static. Everything else doesn't seem to be affected. I couldn't find an acceptable compromise. If I got it shielded good enough, the ballasts would overheat. And if you try to put a fan with them, then you can't get it shielded enough to stop all the static. :112:
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline motopoppi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 08:59:35 am »
Ok , problem solved ! :062:

The best solution is to mantain H4 standard lighting system !  :046:
Sergio

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 10:00:40 am »
If the standard Trophy lights ( which IMHO are very good ) aren't giving you enough light for what you need,
then you might be better off fitting some additional auxilliary lights.

There are lots of different varieties available, you'd just need to work out where and how to fit them,
but a search on "Aux lights" in this forum will find several suggestions  :028:

Offline motopoppi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 11:14:22 am »
I think that a good (second) solution is to use Philips Motovision bulbs.

I'have one of them (H7 socket ) on my R1200GS sidecar and the light beam is very bright and wide.
This very important on a sidecar because main light is on the left of the vehicle, and driving in the dark is like driving a car with only a light on the left !

I recommend this bulbs, are very good and long lasting !  :152:

Bye

Sergio
Sergio

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 12:54:53 pm »
I have fitted HID H4 replacements on the ST1100, and found that the beam pattern was nowhere near as good as with H4s - too much scatter in the pattern, even though the light was stronger. The Trophy headlight is pretty good standard with whatever bulbs they use, probably better than the 35W HIDs I tried and the 70W HIDs as H4 replacements.  I might try +50 or +100 bulbs sometime, as I prefer a better bean pattern that spreads and penetrates (low and high beam)  rather than just chucking out more light in the hope that it is better.   And I will be fitting some clearwater Erica 6000 lumen x 2 LED driving lights.