Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Touratech tank bag vs Trophy tank bag vs other brands  (Read 28333 times)

Offline Djimmy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
Touratech tank bag vs Trophy tank bag vs other brands
« on: April 30, 2014, 03:13:11 pm »
Has anyone bought the Touratech tank bag, part number 623-5800?  I would enjoy some feedback on this bag. I've seen the Trophy bag at my dealer and I do not care for it. Has anyone tried any other bags? I've seen the small Givi bag on another post, but want something a bit bigger. The handlebars on the Trophy limit the number of bags that will fit on the bike.

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Custer, WI.
Re: Touratech tank bag vs Trophy tank bag vs other brands
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 04:16:49 pm »
Djimmy--

I'm happy with the Trophy bag.  It is large enough to cover most trips to town so I leave the bags off.  the bike feels much lighter with the bags off.

--John

Offline towersk

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy Launch
  • City / Town: Granger IN
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 10:23:56 pm »
I agree with your first impression of the Triumph tank bag.  But, it does fit well - easy and quick off and on to refill the tank.  Also it does not get in the way and has a lot of space.  The mounts are not noticeable with the tank bag removed.
Cheers,
Ken

Offline Philip55

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Colchester
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 05:07:47 pm »
I have had several tank bags on various bikes, both tank bags made as a accessory by the manufacturer or as an aftermarket model.

The Trophy tank bag is in my opinion far superior to everyone I've had before. This is due to the well thought out designed, which is easily fitted to the bike, does not interfere with the handlebars or the buttons/controls when making tight turns, however the zipper can get caught with the internal straps, though this is only a minor fault.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 05:43:38 pm »
For the money the Triumph tank bag should have been made fully waterproof without having to fiddle around with the big condom for it.

That is my only criticism of it. Well designed to give ample 'day' storage without interfering with the controls or switchgear.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 05:54:57 pm »
I'll have to agree, the Triumph bag fits very well.  I can't imagine needing/wanting a tank bag that's any larger.  Quality is very good, although as Phillip mentioned, the zipper can get caught on the inside, but after you get used to it, you learn where to tug out a bit to go around that spot.

STONEY

Offline johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 06:21:13 pm »
I have just used  a bagster sherpa 40 litre 2 tier touring tank bag for a weeks tour of the north Yorkshire moors. It fits with the easy road universal fitting kit. I does stop you getting to full lock on the  left handle bar but not too much. I have a standard trophy so don't have the radio switches to get in the way.  You don't get the full 40 litres because of the shape of the tank. I also have a older bagster smaller 30 litre tank bag that doesn't impact on the steering very much at all.

Offline Djimmy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 09:27:46 pm »
I did finally buy the Touratech tank bag. I've been very happy with it. Like the Trophy bag, it isn't completely waterproof and comes with the giant condom. I would say it is rain resistant. It does hit on the radio buttons when locking the handlebars left, but not much of an issue, unlike my former K1200GT. Every time I locked the bars to the left, the tank bag hit on the horn.