Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New member from Australia  (Read 5924 times)

Offline OzTourer

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE'13
  • City / Town: Palmerston
New member from Australia
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:10:50 am »
Greetings from the southern hemisphere. First time on a forum and can see I have missed a great deal of information and friendship because of that.

I am a 53 year old guy just starting a years long service leave so will be spending a lot of time riding. I have ordered a Trophy SE in silver (something about the Lone Ranger comes to mind) and am just waiting for the dealer to arrange a replacement ECM to cover the recall from last year so the latest flash tune will work. So far I have been waiting a week, visiting the bike where it sits in the showroom, making sure there are no grubby paw prints on it...

I have ridden a lot over the years and ride across Australia in September every year on a memorial ride from the Northern Territory (you know, Ayers Rock and all the "the dingo took my baby" stuff). For the past trips I have ridden my HD Roadking and had a blast but the old thing is getting tired and is a special edition so I don't want to wear it out either. Therefore the decision to get a new bike for the purpose. Kind of a "retirement present" from my wonderful pillion passenger (who may have an ulterior motive in regard to comfort?).

I had an old 1995 Ducati 900SS for daily use and sold that to make room in the garage. It went to a mate at work so I still get to hear its glorious rattle now and then.

I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the Trophy. I think it is the first one up here in the north and the dealer is inexperienced in regard to them. Time will tell.

Hope to share lots of adventures with you all and enjoy the new TT community.
Come on bike shop, gimme my bike!!!!!!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: New member from Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:17:57 am »
Welcome to the Forum :400: Lots of riders from the land of OZ here so you are in good company.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:37:35 am »
G'day Oz,

Welcome to the Forum. I've spent some time up your way over the last 25-30 years and the TT SE is the ticket for those long (and now speed unlimited runs) down the Stuart Highway. You'll see from various threads that it has great performance, handling, fuel economy and range, comfort, media, etc either one or two up. There have been defects (what machine doesn't) but these, although inconvenient to owners, are dealt with by Triumph.

If your dealer, like mine, is unsure of the TT SE the Forum is by far the best medium for advice and support. I've certainly used it.
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 12:39:56 am »
Welcome to the forum from Canberra  :152:  I have 13,000kms on my Trophy since last November (been doing other things the last month or so). It replaces my ST1100 (which I still have).  There are a few of us all over the place now so meeting up somewhere is on the cards.  I do distance riding (FarRiders, IBA) as one pastime. The Trophy is a great distance bike as well as a ball of fun in the tight stuff (how do they do it??) and I now know why owners love the triple motor character.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 06:27:29 am »
Hello and welcome.... a great forum with great people.... lots of friendly help and advice available here

:400:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 09:34:53 am »
Hi OzTourer and  :400:  to the Club !

If your Trophy is going to be sat in the showroom where others can get to climb on board,
I would ask the Dealer to either remove or cover the Side Panniers -
It's very easy to catch your foot on top of the lid and scratch the paintwork,
especially on the right hand one if you're climbing on from the left side,
and especially when it's on the Centre stand and is that little bit higher !

Cheers  :821:

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 10:25:38 am »
welcome to the Club, wish you thousands of fun riding miles  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Mad Dog

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: R1250RT
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 11:24:51 am »
Whoo Hoo finally someone from the NT.  A very warm welcome to the forum from the colder southern states.  I have just cracked 21,000 k and 12 months and this bike never ceases to astound me (like Saaz mine replaced my aging ST1300).  I am very sure you will suffer the same addiction to riding once you take position.  Enjoy the ride and the forum.
No such thing as bad weather - just inappropriate clothing.

tweedy-bunch