Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Back in the dealers  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Weston
Back in the dealers
« on: March 05, 2013, 10:29:59 PM »
So over the last few days I have had a intermittent problem starting the bike.  Not a battery issue but simply no response at all to starter button.  Luckily was able to demonstrate in the dealer who have taken bike in again today. They told me that Triumph have recently told all dealers to forward a special report on any drive train issue and they will do just this.  I'll let you know what happens.  I have told the dealer that this is the last time I plan to bring the bike back to be fixed - I will reject the bike if there are any further problems and they appeared sympathetic to this.   

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
Re: Back in the dealers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:59:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by Trom100 [+]
So over the last few days I have had a intermittent problem starting the bike.  Not a battery issue but simply no response at all to starter button.  Luckily was able to demonstrate in the dealer who have taken bike in again today. They told me that Triumph have recently told all dealers to forward a special report on any drive train issue and they will do just this.  I'll let you know what happens.  I have told the dealer that this is the last time I plan to bring the bike back to be fixed - I will reject the bike if there are any further problems and they appeared sympathetic to this.
I feel your pain.

Offline afterburner

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 triumph trophy
  • City / Town: long beach, ca
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:45:13 PM »
I just turned 1k miles on my trophy. This happened about 3 times on. mine. but It's always fired up on my 2nd attempt at starting. I was thinking maybe the clutch switch.
I also have a 2011 Harley Davidson that has a fob that has to be near the bike for it to start and its done the same thing. its probably done this about 5 times over 14k miles. i would just key it off and once keyed back on, it would start.
Maybe have something to do with the security thingy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:29:11 PM by afterburner »

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »
I have the bike back which is good.  Not the clutch switch apparently, nor the side stand, nor any other cutout.  The mechanic found a little rust on the starter switch contacts though he wasn't convinced at all this was the problem. He also found an error code showing a key immobiliser issue and reprogrammed both sets of keys.  Triumph had the temerity to suggest, apparently, this was my fault for keeping both sets of keys together.  In fact today was the first time they had been reunited since I bought the bike.

He has now started it 25 times without a problem and I have had a trouble free trip home.

Anyway the bike (and the dealer) know this was the final warning any more issues and it is time for a refund or new bike!

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:56:28 PM »
you'd think the bike would have thrown a warning up on the info centre if it was an Immo lockout....  i know BMW had problems previously with the RT and the antenna rings at the ignition cyclinder.... thank god you weren't hundreds of miles from home when it happened...

is the starter switch so poorly sealed that the contacts can rust on a bike that is only at best a few months old??

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 09:26:39 PM »
Well it has been quite a damp winter here!

Offline RAS

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 11:56:27 AM »
Trom, I am pleased that you have managed to get the bike sorted (Again!!!). It does sound as if the imobiliser and key fob had a falling out! I'm sure that Fowlers will be holding their breath in case you return!! I hope that all the deamons have finally been exorcised from your bike! :001:
I have just taken delivery of my new Trophy and typicallly we have now got rain with the possibility of snow later on in the week!
It looks great in the garage though and does start first time!! :190:

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 04:26:39 PM »
was there any indication at all on the warning centre or info centre of an Immo problem?      you'd think there would be.... (you'd hope there would be)

according to the owners manual the Immo warning light will stay on if there is a problem....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:26:02 PM by kgerry »