Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Screen operation  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Screen operation
« on: May 02, 2014, 02:11:24 pm »
If this is a topic which has already reared its head I apologise but I did search and came up blank. While proudly demonstrating the gadgetry on my SE to a curious potential owner, I discovered that the screen will go both up and down with the bike stationary and just the ignition on. This was the first time I had tried this since renewal of the ECU and the other recall work. Previous to this the screen would only go down when on the move which was a little annoying when cleaning the bike and not being able to bring the screen back down when cleaned. Please say that this is a software fix and not that I should have been able to do this all along. Also hope it doesn't stop working like this.
Cheers, Nick.
 :152:

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Screen operation
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 02:15:11 pm »
Hi Nick

It should be able to do that. Mine used to stick and wouldnt always go down with just the ignition on.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline CoJaW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 02:46:53 pm »
Mine worked perfectly until the bike had the cylinder head recall work done, then it would only work when the bike was rolling. If it was stationary, even with the engine running, it wouldn't go up or down. I told the dealer when it went in for the first service and after that service it wouldn't work at all!
The dealer said it needed a new motor which has now been on order for two months! It's due to go in next Thursday to have the new motor fitted!
I'll let you know what happens!

:087:

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 02:56:35 pm »
I've had teh ECU swap and head work and my screen goes up and down when the bike is moving.  Haven't tried with the bike stationary

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 03:41:00 pm »
Mine goes up and down when stationary and ignition on. As long as the bike kill switch is ON. On the move it adjusts as required up or down.

It did this prior to the ecu work and after.

seadog
seadog

tweedy-bunch