Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dealertool Complications  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Agrsiv

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Peoria
Dealertool Complications
« on: May 03, 2014, 09:42:39 pm »
My pc running windows vista won't read the cd that came with my dealertool but, my pc running windows 8 will. Can I download the files to a flash drive and install them on the correct pc???

Offline Agrsiv

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dealertool Complications
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 09:46:38 pm »
Nevermind. I'm an idiot. "READ the directions moron" is how you should reply :157:

Offline Agrsiv

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 11:03:37 pm »
Ok I got it installed and PC says com port 3 however dealertool gives no ports as options. Help

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 12:45:47 am »
If Vista is like Windows 7 or 8 then the following procedures may help. There are specific instruction for each operating system on the CD. If Vista updates the drivers to a newer version, go in and undo the upgrade and revert to the right driver mentioned in the taxt below.

Thankfully I have worked it out!

Firstly, it is safer to put both the extracted 32 bit and 64 bit in a directory, and let windows pick what it needs.  I had a mixture of 32 and 64 bit drivers.  Some others may as well.  I should have checked this first up!

If the steps you set out below don't result in those two items being flagged with a warning icon and updating proceeding as you outline:

When the interface is plugged in it may come up as an 'other device' with its name and a flag.  Right click on the name of the other device, and update drivers by pointing to the directory with the 32 and 64 bit drivers.  It then works first time.  The two items you mention can then be checked to make sure the right drivers are installed.

Thanks for the help

John Nagle

-----Original Message-----
From: sales@dealertool.co.uk [mailto:sales@dealertool.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, 26 November 2013 4:52 AM
To: saaz
Subject: [Fwd: Re: get no contact with ecu]

Thank you for your email.

Please bear with us, Microsoft recently pushed out a new driver through their windows updates.

When the interface is installed - it quickly pokes its driver in before we can install ours. We completely re-written the install process, but it seems one or two have had problems similar to yours, but for others its been no issue.

Could you please check the driver version that has installed on your machine:

see attached image for the two items that must be correct right click on the item and select "properties" - then click on driver.
(see attached image "port.jpg") - it must say 2.8.28.0 or 2.8.24.0 and both must be the same.

if it has 2.8.30.0 then it will not work.

Disconnect from the internet or stop windows updates.
With the interface installed, go to device manager.
right click on both the below entries and click uninstall, check the checkbox that says "Delete the driver for this device"
"USB serial port(COMx)"  - under ports
and
"USB SerialConverter" - under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

unplug the interface, wait 5 secs then replug. When the windows message comes up in the lower right corner of the desktop saying "installing device driver software, click here for status" - click it and cancel the driver installation.

now you will have the entry in the device manager with the warning icon.
you can right click and update the 2 drivers to ours. (attached are two sets of drivers for either 32bit or 64bit windows, you will need to rename the end of the file from ".file" to ".zip" and then extract to a folder on your desktop whilst you install)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 08:06:16 am »
Hey Saaz... I think it must be a driver issue I am having.... Can you attach their correct drivers to a post on here? Or if you prefer I can give you an email address via pm and send it direct

Thanks,

Kevin
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 11:52:15 am »
The drivers should be on the CD under the 32 or 64 bit folders. The trick I found was getting into the control panel and undoing the updated drivers, restoring the 'old' drivers instead. If you still have troubles I can email or dropbox the ones I used.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 01:32:49 pm »
Thanks Saaz..... I will give it another go
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧