Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Just a question and need help  (Read 2998 times)

Offline DreamingBig

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Calgary
Just a question and need help
« on: May 05, 2014, 12:25:02 am »
Hello,
I have had my 2014 trophy for three days. Bad weather until today.  So got out for a ride.  When I was out riding at one of the stops it came up with that low voltage message and would crank but not start. So I let it sit for a few minutes and tried again. Started. Great! But then the check engine light came on and the tc light came on.  Bike seemed to be in limp home mode and I got it home.   Any pointers?  It only has 80km on it.

Thank you
John

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: Just a question and need help
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 12:52:10 am »
I have had that happen only while riding along, and the bike just stopped. I had to disconnect the battery to reboot it, then it started, but engine check light on and TC disabled. The bike went fine even with engine light on until it stopped again. After 5 times of this the engine light stayed off but it now has reduced power sometimes at lover revs, like the TC cutting in, but runs ok at highway speeds. For me it threw a throttle position sensor code, which seems to be part of an ECU problem. Mine falls within the ECU replacement range.  It took 12,000kms before all this started, ran faultlessly until then.

Offline crfroland

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrisville
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 12:59:45 am »
I would guess that your dealer didn't do the ECU update. I would check that first.
Ride!!

Offline DreamingBig

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Calgary
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 01:17:57 am »
The ECU was done on Thursday before I picked the bike up.  It is a 2014.  I made sure the ECU was updated before pick up to avoid these issues.  I have an email into my salesman and into the service department.  Will have to see what comes up, but looks like I will be taking it in.  Damn...

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 01:27:07 am »
The local dealer had at least one replacement ECU that was faulty. He was not impressed as the bike was back together  before the faults showed up. He now insists on having a spare ECU on hand to make sure the new one tests ok. The manifold rubbers are also being replaced on mine.

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 01:47:58 pm »
Take it to the dealer.  Really, I don't care why its not running, I just want the !#%! thing fixed when its acting up!

Offline ride200mi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph SE
  • City / Town: Central CA
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 06:03:54 pm »
I have 3K on our TT. It has just had the ECU upgrade. Everything works great but at startup the low voltage warning comes on. It goes out within 5 sec of startup but I'm thinking the battery may be a little on the short end of life. No starting issues but it did start showing the low voltage on a couple of times before the ECU update. I'm thinking that it may have been from our heated vests..??
Life is a limited time offer, live deliberately, ride often!!!

Offline ride200mi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph SE
  • City / Town: Central CA
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 06:05:25 pm »
*Originally Posted by Ernest T [+]
Take it to the dealer.  Really, I don't care why its not running, I just want the !#%! thing fixed when its acting up!
I agree… These bikes are to complicated to be trying to fix crap on the side of the road.
Life is a limited time offer, live deliberately, ride often!!!