Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: iPod working but can't access playlists and podcasts  (Read 3136 times)

Offline Djimmy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
iPod working but can't access playlists and podcasts
« on: May 05, 2014, 02:52:27 am »
I just got my 2014 Trophy and the iPod plays music but I am unable to access playlists and podcasts. Does anyone know how to do this?

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: iPod working but can't access playlists and podcasts
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 08:52:06 am »
Have a look here : "HOW TO : Check the most common Faults & Issues" topic - Page 1
and scroll down to A / Audio / USB audio not working from iPod

Assuming all is well there, according to the Audio Handbook :

iPod Album/Artist/Playlist Selection :

1. While the iPod or iPhone device is the source, press and hold the PRESET button
on the audio switch unit until the iPod Adjust menu is displayed in the centre of the instrument display screen.
2. Press and release the SCROLL button until the desired Album/Artist/Playlist is displayed.
3. Press the SELECT button to select the Album/Artist/Playlist and exit.

The three categories are described below:

Artist
If sorted by artist, the selection of artists will be sorted alphabetically:
• The tracks will then be played in alphabetical order, starting with the first track.
• If PRESET is pressed, a list of tracks by that artist will be available in alphabetical order.
• Press and hold the Tuning up (T+) or Tuning down (T-) buttons to change to the next or previous artist in alphabetical order.

Album
If sorted by album, the selection of albums will be sorted alphabetically:
• The tracks from that album will then be played in the order dictated by the album, starting with the first track.
• If PRESET is pressed, the tracks on that album will be available in the order dictated by the album.
• Press and hold the Tuning up (T+) or Tuning down (T-) buttons to change to the next or previous album in alphabetical order.

Playlist
If sorted by playlist, the selection of playlists will be sorted alphabetically.
• The tracks will then be played in the order defined by the playlist, starting with the first track.
• If PRESET is pressed, the tracks in that playlist will be available in the order defined by the playlist.
• Press and hold the Tuning up (T+) or Tuning down (T-) buttons to change to the next or previous playlist in
alphabetical order.

:028:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:58:38 am by Coconut »

Offline MikeDH

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vienna
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:46:56 pm »
Coconut - Will that also work for an MP3 device and/or USB stick? I'm away and won't be able to access my bike, or the audio handbook, for some time to test it out. I have most of my digital music collection in Ogg and FLAC format, which I understand the TTSE will recognize on a USB stick, but those file formats cannot be played on an iPod/iPhone. I'm considering converting the files to MP3, which will play on my 120GB iPod, but not if I can get roughly the same functionality by plugging a jump drive with the Ogg and FLAC files into the USB port. The ability to scroll through Artists/Albums is very appealing.
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once. Albert Einstein

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:12:57 am »
The Audio Manual advises :

Connecting the Audio Device via USB

Switch off the motorcycle ignition, or turn off the audio system { Press and Hold "Vol -" until "Audio OFF" is displayed }.
  • Connect the audio device to the USB connector in the cockpit stowage compartment
    using a suitable USB cable, or for USB drives, directly in to the USB connector.
  • Close the stowage compartment lid, ensuring that neither the audio device or cable is trapped.
  • Switch on the audio system { Press "Vol +" }.
  • Select the audio source as "USB".

The audio system will scan the root folder and any sub-folders of the device for compatible tracks
and then begin play-back of all tracks by folder and then track title in alphabetical order.

• Press and release the PRESET button to cycle through the folders one at a time.
  • Press and release the Tuning up (T+) or Tuning down (T-) buttons to change track in alphabetical order.
  • Press and hold the Tuning up (T+) or Tuning down (T-) buttons
    to increment or decrement through the sub-folders in alphabetical order.

To pause the playback select another audio source or turn the audio system off.
Playback will resume once the device is selected or the audio system is turned on again.

So, the answer to your question is "YES" ! - 
Depending on how you configure your memory Stick or Media Player folders and sub folders.

NOTE : It seems quite important to have the Ignition or Audio "OFF" when you plug in your USB device,
then, when switching on, you may need to wait a while ( depending on how much data is stored on the device )
before the Trophy audio system has read it, and made it available for Playback.

NOTE : Recommended maximum filename length of 59 characters !

NOTE : File types supported by the USB connection are : AAC, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV and WMA

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:17:39 am by Coconut »

Offline MikeDH

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vienna
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 03:04:41 pm »
Thank you! Extremely helpful as usual.
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once. Albert Einstein

Offline Djimmy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 03:32:24 pm »
Coconut,
I appreciate your replays. I read the information in the manual before you sent it and did as instructed. My problem still exists. The only way my iPod will work is like this: before I plug it in, I set it to shuffle songs. It will go through all my songs in a random order, no problem. If I try to switch to podcasts or other playlists, nothing happens. I tried setting the iPod to podcasts and then plug it in, it says iPod, but nothing is available. I tried pushing "p" and "m" and nothing happens. Next, I unplugged it, set it to a playlist, same thing as podcast. I then unplugged it, set it to shuffle songs, and the music plays in random order. I've tried setting the bike display to "artists", "playlists", "albums", just like the manual says. Same thing. I've tried pushing and holding the T+ and T- in the playlist mode and nothing happens. I am getting very frustrated.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 04:12:51 pm »
Hi DJimmy,

"Sounds like" it's time for a call to the Dealer when you get back, then a trip to visit them and :

a) Try your iPod on another Trophy SE - to see if it works OK, and is not a fault or issue with your iPod, then,
b) If it DOES work OK on another Trophy, getting them to swap out the Audio module under warranty.

Cheers  :821:

tweedy-bunch