Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: uclear headset intercom  (Read 6227 times)

Offline auster246

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trumpet SE
  • City / Town: melton mowbray
uclear headset intercom
« on: May 06, 2014, 03:42:25 pm »
Hi, anybody out there had any experience with the uclear equipment, it reads good, and with no microphone on a boom sounds a good idea - but does it work? I have a flip front helmet and a mic on a boom or wired is messy, but if the mic is not close to the mouth, does it pick up wind noise etc. I think these are american, so it may be you guys over the pond that can advise.

Offline TerryB

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Valencia, CA
Re: uclear headset intercom
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:52:12 pm »
Hello. I have the uClear HBC200 in my Arai full face. It works as advertised in my opinion. My voice is very clear and I never have an issue when taking cell phone calls, even at highway speeds. It is much better than the old Autocomm system it replaced.
Motorcycle and me, Motorcycle set me free - Daniel Ash

Offline Iwl

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 07:44:56 pm »
Hello, @terry
I also bought a uclearset, but I cannot make the musicstreaming work. The intercom is OK. My phone paires OK too. I can pair te hbc200 unit to the trophy's bleutooth,but it opens and closes communication (music) at a certain interval. I hear music for about 1 or 2 seconds and then it disconnects again, opens up again music for 1or 2 seconds and closes again and sofort. Does it sounds familiar? I bought a dual set and both uclearunits show the same problem. I have read the audiomanual insideout but cannot find the problem. Can you (or anyone) help me? Greetings from the Netherlands.

Offline TerryB

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 06:31:43 am »
Hello. Normally I use my Zumo 660 for music and I don't use the Triumph audio system at all. However I did pair my uClear to the Trophy system tonight and it worked without issue. I was lisenting to the radio for some time with no audio drops.

The only suggestion I can offer is to reset the uClear by holding all 3 buttons down until the unit resets or reset the Trophy audio system by removing the fuse. There are some really good tips on the Trophy audio system in the Common Faults FAQ. https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,1602.0.html

This is how I paired my uClear tonight.
1. Clear all pairings in the Trophy Bluetooth menu.
2. Put the uClear into pairing mode by holding down the up and down volume buttons until it flashes blue/red.
3. Select Headset1 and let it find HBC200. Hit enter when it does.
4. Enter the code 0000 and let it finish pairing.
5. Change the audio output from Speaker to Bluetooth.

That should do it. If not, I am not sure what else it could be. I hope this helps.

Offline Iwl

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 11:43:05 am »
Hi there, thanks for the reaction. I am glad to hear that there's no compatibility-issue. I have tried several solutions included yours. By coincedence I found out that my uclear headset showed the same issue after I shut down the Garmin while it was connected to uclear. It looked like it was searching for the device...ten seconds off, then a beep and then a 20 second 'open' connection (without sound). Therefore I think there's something wrong with my trophy bleutooth. I will test it with another bike at the triumphdealer...and offcourse...let you all know! Thanks again!

Offline Iwl

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 07:36:12 pm »
Hello again,
Tested the uclear unit with another trophy at the dealer. Still same problem... :233:
@terry....did u update yours to the newest software version 2.07? Because I did...

Offline TerryB

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 12:17:38 am »
Hello Iwl. I did not upgrade the firmware at all, I was still running the stock 0.94. Out of curiosity I updated to 2.07. I could not get the HBC200 to function at all. I reverted back to version 1.13 and the HBC200 is now working fine with the Trophy SE Bluetooth system, as well as my Garmin Zumo 660.

I would suggest reverting back to 1.13 and see what happens for you.

Offline Iwl

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 03:52:14 pm »
It worked :046: !!
I also reverted it back to 1.13 and now it works how it supposed to. Already contacted the manufacturer to adress this issue. Thanks for the solution!

tweedy-bunch