Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Brake Pads  (Read 4082 times)

Offline rchollebon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trothy SEE
  • City / Town: Twickenham
Brake Pads
« on: May 07, 2014, 08:54:04 pm »
Has any one tried different pads? I am at 10,000 miles and will be changing them soon, I think Carbon Lorraine do a set and EBC seem to list a set, the thing is I would like the brakes to be a bit better but EBC seem to eat discs, I would be interested to hear if anyone has tried the alternatives

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Brake Pads
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:45:05 pm »
I've not tried an alternative on my Trophy.  I'm happy with the Trophy braking but I have used EBC on my Triumph Sprint 955 ST.  They have not had any adverse affect on the discs.  They've worked quite well.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Old Hand

• Trophy Member
  • Old Hand
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Concours 14
  • City / Town: Markham
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 02:41:30 am »
I have been using EBC pads on my Concours which has over 165,000 Kms. and the original discs are still good. Braking is stronger with the EBC pads compared to OEM (which were quite strong).  :028:
Riding since 1973 ....

Offline njstriumph

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 10:31:42 pm »
One thing I have noticed is that the pad material on the oem pads seem to be a lot thicker than that seen on EBC pads. Although saying that the price of the oem pads is a lot lot higher  :156: than EBC pads..

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 04:28:05 am »
another thing about the EBC pads is remember do not buy the cheapest set of pads. Make sure you buy the semi metallic.    EBC like every manufacturer has some good and some not so good.  I learned this the hard way one time when I was in the hospital just a few days before my scheduled ride to Alaska.  So I had the dealer install new pads, adjust valves, install chain, etc.  Well the dealer used the cheapest set of EBC pads available.  I didn't discover this until I was about 500 miles into an 11000 mile ride.  The brakes were crap.  I seriously thought about stopping and putting in a new set myself but try doing that on the roadside or hotel parking lot.  So I made the ride but the minute I got back I put in premium EBC pads and changed the brake fluid to Motul High Temp.  What a difference.  So long winded way of saying you can feel comfortable buying EBC, just make sure you buy the premium pads. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline strathroy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Strathroy
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 02:14:26 pm »
I was just on the ebc website which type of pad should I be looking at, there seems to be lots of different kinds.  :187:

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 02:42:22 pm »
The Double HH Sintered used to be their top of the line pads, but I heard they have come out with a new "organic" style pad that is said to be just as good or better, but I'd be willing to say they are going to be high like ceramic pads.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline strathroy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Strathroy
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 12:01:50 am »
I've been looking for ebc pads in canada but can't find any or in the states has anyone ordered them?

tweedy-bunch