Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Screen Issues - update  (Read 21861 times)

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Screen Issues - update
« on: March 09, 2013, 05:27:22 PM »
As you are aware, myself, Trom and I think Thickbrit too have had issues whereby the screen had a mind of its own at times. Last week I had the first service and they updated the software and cleaned the runners for the screen. Well two days later the screen wouldn't seat properly when the ignition was off. I had to reset it a couple of times. I spoke to the mechanic at the Dealership and he spoke to Triumph. They admitted they had seen a few cases of this but not enough to justify a recall. Looks like I shall be getting a new screen motor fitted very soon :-)

In fairness it isn't a major issue. It is irregular and usually switching the ignition on and off sorts it out. That said the dealership are in full agreement that it has to be sorted.

I just thought you would like to know.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Harlock

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Torino
Re: Screen Issues - update
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »
I had the same problem: I had the first service too, and they updated the software and... boom... my screen began to have very strange behavior. Unfortunately my screen never worked, unless I did not apply a pressure with the finger on the top right corner of the screen while trying to change its position (???). I went bananas trying to understand with the guy in the workshop what was wrong... and finally he had an illumination: he reinstalled somehow the previous version of the firmware and... no more problems with my screen.

Hope they will release ASAP a firmware update that will not include screen issues, because I know that some improvements have been introduced, and it is a pity I cannot take advantage of it...

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:43:43 PM »
Hi Harlock

I am waiting for the dealership to come back to me with an answer. The mechanic was on a Trophy course last week and he was going to ask there.

I had a software update and it made no difference at all.

George Harrison

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 04:08:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harlock [+]
I had the same problem: I had the first service too, and they updated the software and... boom... my screen began to have very strange behavior. Unfortunately my screen never worked, unless I did not apply a pressure with the finger on the top right corner of the screen while trying to change its position (???). I went bananas trying to understand with the guy in the workshop what was wrong... and finally he had an illumination: he reinstalled somehow the previous version of the firmware and... no more problems with my screen.

Hope they will release ASAP a firmware update that will not include screen issues, because I know that some improvements have been introduced, and it is a pity I cannot take advantage of it...
Exact opposite for me.  Screen was bonkers until the firmware update, now it works great.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »
When I collected my bike I asked the dealer if they had had any issues with the bikes sold so far. He said that there had not been anything significant but that their demonstrator (silver SE) had the screen parking issue and was likely to get a new motor.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline CoJaW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »
Mine is playing up! It looks to me as though the 'anti trap' facility is too sensitive and interprets the stiffness of a new system as danger and retracts. It only makes the screen go up a couple of cm. but I managed to get the screen to its highest setting by pressing the down button a number of times! I showed it to the dealer and he agreed that it needed sorting. I hope they can sort it on the first service!

:430:

Offline Harlock

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Torino
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 10:38:59 AM »
Yes CoJaW,

I think you may be right: the screen acted like it were too sensitive, retracting with no real reason... in fact applying a little pressure with a finger on the top corver it worked. However I think that this is not a mechanical problem, but just a software problem, for a very simple reason: as I said, my mechanic was somehow able to reinstall the original (older) version of the software, and all the problems disappeared. Maybe you could try to ask to your dealer if they can do something similar... but I think that asking for a new motor should not be the solution... without the right software... new motor could not work as well...

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 11:21:45 AM »
My dealership has just called. They want the bike in for a day. Triumph say they are aware as to the two screen motors changed in bristol but each case is different. They want the bike to be tested by the mechanics. The screen can throw a woobly if the switches are hit whilst the ingnition has been switched on and is still going through its checks so to speak. So the dealership will have it for the day and the ignition switche don and off and the screen tested to see if it snags. if it happens then the next stage I guess will be to change the motor. 

I shall drop the bike in in a couple of weeks and work from home.

George Harrison