Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy vs honda goldwing  (Read 9448 times)

Offline Broom

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
Trophy vs honda goldwing
« on: March 10, 2013, 12:09:46 AM »
I currently have a Honda Goldwing 1800, and I plan to test ride a Trophy soon. I am looking for lighter weight and better handling, but still want long distance comfort. I think the Trophy will fit the bill. Can anyone tell me about acceleration times? My 1800 Goldwing can hustle pretty well for a heavy bike, but I was hoping for some improvement there too.

I could always pay a lot more for a BMW K1600.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: Trophy vs honda goldwing
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 07:31:19 AM »
Broom

Keep the money in your pocket dude. The Trophy will do every thing you want and more. You can read this forum and all the woes and fault that some of owners have had :087:. Bottom line they still love the bike :821:
No it doesn't have the top end or the acceleration of if the K1600  :138: But you cant compensate for CC in the motor and the BEEMER has 400 more.
But believe me when I tell you that this bike will hold its own against any other in its class. Acceleration, handling & comfort are stunning.
You'll not be disappointed  :821:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »
I agree with Chaos. I have been having real fun now the bike is run in. The acceleration is as good as my CB 1300 if not faster. The thing I like is that there is no arm jerking when you accelerate. Just smooth powerflow.

'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Broom

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:01:11 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I will do a test ride whenever the weather and my schedule cooperate. Hope they will offer good $ for my trade (Goldwing)

Offline Stonker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Maidstone
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 09:45:50 PM »
I have a GL1800 and an Explorer.  The explorer is MUCH faster than the goldwing.  I wouldn't have thought the Trophy would be that much slower.

Offline coneye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 11:29:58 PM »
 You might want to read about Canucks woes , before you part with your hard earned , and maybee wait a year or two  for them to get it right

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 10:33:44 PM »
Broom, you are comparing 3 substantially different bikes.... the trophy is far lighter and nimbler than either a GW or K1600... not as powerful as the K or GW... but it wasnt designed to be.... it was designed to fill the void between the 1200RT and the K1600... which for all accounts it does well....

it is also not the lumbering elephant the Gold Wing is....  of the 3, the Trophy will be the lightest... easily as sporty as the K... have the refinements of the GW and cost the least of the 3.....

from all accounts of people who have already gotten theirs the Trophy is one peppy "little" pony.... (little being a relative term)

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 11:33:23 PM »
The Trophy is not designed to compete with the Goldwing (or the K1600 for that matter). Its direct competition in the Honda lineup is the ST1300 Pan European and as a long-term Pan rider I can assure you that the Triumph has the Honda beat.

I collect my Trophy on the 23rd  :046: and shortly after that there will be a ST1300 up for sale!  :159:
"Let's be careful out there"