Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Need help with audio  (Read 1938 times)

Offline DreamingBig

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Calgary
Need help with audio
« on: May 12, 2014, 11:45:44 pm »
OK, hello all!
So have had the trophy SE and have the ecu recall done.  But had the low voltage and then the check engine and TTC light came on and stayed on.  Dealer looked into it and found codes but no issues.  Got the bike back and stereo says audio off system unavailable.  Dealer has looked into it and have not found why audio system will not work.  Talked to triumph customer service and was told about the audio in line fuse, and that the old ecu's were blowing fuse,  seems weird that the new ecu on mine is causing same issue.  Any one else had this and what is the fix?
Only had the bike for two weeks and it has been in the shop longer than I have had it in my garage.

Thank you
John

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: Need help with audio
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 01:49:02 am »
Have you tried disconnecting the battery  or removing the audio fuse  for a few seconds (this fuse has a music symbol on the fuse cap)?

For the audio system to disconnect like that seems to be a common problem-but simple fix-in most cases.

And yes, it happened to me once. And I had it working again five minutes later and no more issues since then (a couple of months ago).

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 02:30:49 am »
Had a similar problem. It wasn't the fuse/s (tried it) it was the knucklehead technician who didn't reconnect/mate the audio correctly after ECU swap. So back it went for rectification.....

Works a treat now  :001:
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline PhilInAthens

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Athens, GA
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 03:04:04 am »
I had all kinds of issues with my bike including what you refer to regarding audio messages (and more). Please look at my posts respective 'Dead Batteries'.  I hope that helps you.  Since the replacement of the audio module on my TTSE I have had no problems... yet.   :084: