Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New member bike shopping  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Broom

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
New member bike shopping
« on: March 10, 2013, 02:34:21 AM »
An introduction was recommended. I'm a new member shopping for a new bike. I have an 1800 Honda Goldwing. I like the BMW K1600's, but they're expensive. I sat on a Trophy at a dealer near my home in Ohio and liked it. I will do a test ride when I get a good day. My hope is for the comfort of my Goldwing in a lighter, better handling, and hopefully quicker bike. I know the K1600GTL fits the bill, but they're about $27000. I bet the Trophy will be just what I'm looking for.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: New member bike shopping
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:16:56 PM »
Hi Broom

Test ride it and you'll love it.
You won't be  :046: :046: :821:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
Re: New member bike shopping
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 01:34:56 PM »
Welcome aboard! I've owned a number of BMW machines, RT, K-LT, GT to name a few....All are too costly up front to own, but in the long run, quite reliable once you've sorted out the annoying glitches typically found in all highly complex machines. No complaints really. However, once the boys in Bavaria decided to end production of their wonderful K1300GT, well, the K1600GT just doesn't compare in that it's over-priced, over-sized and I can't imagine the high cost of damage that will occur to that amazing motor when you inevitably drop it as we all do....Goodness, that's gonna be expensive, the engine is seriously exposed! On the other hand, the Trophy SE is reasonably priced, very complex so you can expect a few issues to show up, but I believe the folks at Hinkley are willing to keep us happy with quick and painless factory waranteed repair costs. I've clocked over a thousand miles on my Lunar Silver model and am happy to say that it is quick, comfortable, customizable to the extreme and never disappoints. One up or two up, the Trophy is very quick and agile as much in town doing battle like any street fighter as it is on the super slab cruising at 80 MPH, getting 42 mpg and always willing to pass an 18 wheeler or little granny in her Toyota Prius! I clocked it at 130 MPH per my GPS, which is electronically limited, if you could defeat the nanny, that bike could easily hit 150 MPH! It keeps me cozily ensconced and relaxed in cold/inclement/wet weather, very secure even at above mentioned supra-legal speeds. I enjoy high speed sweepers at 90 MPH and the Trophy is stable, sure-footed and asks for more, more, more if you got the cojones to lean it lower and roll it faster! So, ENJOY it and ride it like you stole it :152:  -Dr Ron
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

tweedy-bunch