Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: First long trip with the whip  (Read 1155 times)

Offline irishlad

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
First long trip with the whip
« on: May 14, 2014, 04:53:36 am »
Left San Clemente (South Orange County) on Friday late morning to head north up the coast. We really did not have a plan except to have fun and stop whenever we wanted a cocktail, check out the scenery or get something to eat  :001:
Stopped at Neptunes Net in Malibu for crab legs and a beer, and headed up to Santa Barbara where we made a stop at the Sandbar to plan the next step. Decided to spend the night in Pismo Beach because neither Gin or I had ever stayed there, We had a blast in the local pubs where we stayed out way too late  :821:

After breakfast on Saturday we headed up the coast thru Big Sur into Carmel, found a great Tap House/Restaurant along the way in Big Sur (Big Sur Taphouse) that had great beer and food. My advice would be to go for the beer/food an stay for the patio which was really cool.

Got to Carmel, walked around town, got something to eat and decided to stay the night. Found an Irish Pub to finish the night out, great time.

The plan was to ride the 400 or so miles down the coast on Sunday but we got started late and ended up spending the night in Santa Barbara. Rode back home Monday morning stopping along the way to return phone calls and e-mails.

The bike was great, I could not believe how much stuff we could could fit in the side/top box's.

All in all a great long weekend, only took 2 bloody pictures along the way. Next time I will make an effort to take more.
Thanks again to everyone on this forum who convinced me to get the TT.

tweedy-bunch