Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Just an update because I have time to kill.  (Read 4011 times)

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Just an update because I have time to kill.
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:43:46 pm »
I joined here about two months before I bought my TTSE. I wanted to see what folks were saying about this bike before I laid out my hard earned $$$$ for this newfangled machine from Triumph. I am sure there are a few others out there like me so here is my story. This and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee most places.

I was riding a 2004 BMW 1150RT with close to 100,000 miles on it. The Beemer spent most of it's life being ridden two up and loaded like a pack mule. The RT was problem free and you will not hear any Beemer bashing from me. I made the trip to my dealer to look at a new 2014 RT and since he sells several other brands including Triumph I was going to have a good look around. The more I checked out the TTSE, the more I liked what I was seeing. I guess the two things that sealed the deal was the service intervals on the TTSE versus the RT and the fact that I haggled and got the top box, tank bag, and rear fender extension and still came in under the price of the 2014 RT before any accessories were added.

I had the ECM recall completed with very low mileage on the bike so I can't really say whether my bike would have given any problems or not. I do know that I now have 5000 miles on the bike and have had no issues whatsoever. The stock seat is good for around 250 miles and then I just toss my Airhawk cushion on and finish my day. I have a couple of back to back 400 mile days with this arrangement and it worked for me. The only other modification that I have made is an inch rise to the handlebars. I did this with the "spacer" modification that you can read about in these forums and I have had no issues with cables, wiring, plugs, or hoses. It did increase my comfort level a good amount. I guess the point of all of this is that if you are a person who researches before you buy (like me) and have been reading these forums for info then add this testimonial to the mix. I think I made a wise purchase. My TTSE is serving me well and like my RT it is spending time two up and loaded like a pack mule. I may have been just as happy with the new RT, BUT THIS BIKE IS A KEEPER.  :152:

Offline madmechanic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: blackpool
Re: Just an update because I have time to kill.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 09:32:06 pm »
Good post I have a launch edition with all the extras standard fit.
  Went back to the factory for cyl head , ecu and stand mod  :028:, but other than a faulty battery three weeks after buying it have had no problems at all,
  It's good to hear others are enjoying there bike as I enjoy mine and hopefully Triumph have sorted out the main faults and a good bike
is the end product. :046: :047:
   Happy riding :821:

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:09:29 am »
I agree with you in all respects. I'm totally satisfied with my ride.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 08:59:15 am »
so I am  :002:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 12:08:53 pm »
Me too.

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 12:54:57 pm »
Yup!
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 01:12:28 pm »
Glad you are enjoying your ride as much as the rest of us..... Always good to read a positive testimonial on a product on the internet.... All too easy to be swamped out by the negative when that is all most people bother to post!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 04:06:00 pm »
Ditto, love it!