Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: new member  (Read 3041 times)

Offline aussie oui

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: gtr1000
  • City / Town: sydney
« on: May 17, 2014, 08:38:24 am »
hi guys and girls I have joined this forum because I have done a fair bit of test riding various new model sport tourers and I have been offered a good deal on a Trophy 1200. the bike has came first in a few of what I need in my next bike and the 2 areas that were very good is the riding position and the pillion comfort of course the engine must be inline 4 but I could survive a triple the bike has to be quite sporty and aggressive in the corners for my solo riding and the triumph fitted quite well as I presently ride a 12 year old Kwaka GTR 1000 this is a magic bike it runs better than new with 138000 klicks (kilometers for you poms) does everything without any fanfare is easily self maintained never refuses to start or play up gets 50,000klms out of a set of break pads an so on. My dilemma started when I thought I would check the trumpy trophy website and I was horrified to read of so many issues regarding the newly released Trophy tourer as you can see I am used to riding a motorbike every weekend and other times without any hassle just one weekend a year for routine repairs and maintenance in my opinion not a lot to ask for Kawasaki have been providing this for 40 years and I am also aware that it took Triumph over 50 years to get the triumph Bonneville to some sort of reliability but in this day and age of computer assistance I was hoping triumph would hit the right note first up but it does not look that way unfortunately for me the Triumph was the only bike tested that performed in the areas that I was looking for better than my Kwaka so it looks like I wont be buying a new bike but I will be keeping a close look at the Triumph Trophy bible (this web site) for reliability in future models

Offline TT13

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Constitution Hill
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 11:09:11 am »
Welcome to the forum

Interesting comments - mine is a December 12 factory build, January rego here - have done only 11k so far as last year was a fairly busy work year but must say we have not had one issue at all - everything has run just perfect - yes has had the ECU and stand upgrade - other than that nothing - starts and runs fine each time we take it out - even shipped it to new Zealand at Christmas and did 4k in south island - again not one issue

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 11:33:16 am »
Hi aussie oui and  :400:  to the Froum,

I challenge anyone to read an owners Forum on ANY new motorcycle or car
and not find owners raising isues and concerns, and discussing faults ....
that's ( partly ) what the Forums are for !

It's a bit like "Holiday reviews" -
generally the majority of people only ever make an entry when they have had a bad experience,
while thousands of other people have been on the same holiday, had a fantastic time,
but did not write a review, which then skews the overall impression of the holiday for others.

The new Trophy model HAS had some issues,  some have affected ALL Trophy's, while others have only
affected a minority.  The main thing, as far as I am concerned, is Triumph's attitude in general to their brand.

Very few Trophy owners, including those that have experienced problems, would disagree that Triumph
take a very responsible attitude in resolving such issues, that inevitably arise with any new model.

There have also been a few issues especially "overseas" with Dealers that could probably have provided
a better service,  but it may take a little time for Triumph to re-educate those into their way of thinking !

Keep on reading up here for sure - but remember that while you're reading, you're not riding  :028:

Stay safe - whatever you ride  :169:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 11:57:04 am »
Coconut.... I couldn't have said it better myself and your comment is basically what I have written elsewhere in response to other people looking at the forum to help them make the choice of a Trophy...

I can't guarantee you won't have problems... No one can.... But Triumph do seem to be responding well where issues have arisen....

I LOVE my Trophy.... It has everything I need.... Yes there are a few things I might change, but nothing major.... As there initial offering in this sector to have knocked the undisputed champ, RT1200 off its pedestal after have been so many iterations in development says it all...

Just imagine what the Trophy will be after another iteration or two when it is amazing as mark 1

Apologies to the guys with the older Trophy 3 & 4s.... No offence intended but they were different bikes from a different era and sufficient break between the two to say this is a NEW mark 1 :001:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 01:57:59 pm »
welcome aboard  :821: everything has been said. Hope you will soon join the Trophy owners community  :002:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 09:44:16 am »
G'day Mate,

Welcome to Forum. Yes there are a few issues raised but to qualify count the number of members versus those who've raised (genuine) issues. As Coconut has highlighted check other forums and make you decision.

For my two bob's worth the bike is a cracker!!! 14000km and no mechanical issues. I had a problem with the Audio that was fixed promptly under warranty.

This weekend rode over 600km with a group. Bike was loaded up to the max with two of us on-board. No problems, only joy, through gusting winds, narrow QLD back roads, and the odd shower or two. Handles great, comfortable, is protected from the elements, you get multimedia entertainment, fuel economy matched with great performance.
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 09:12:58 pm »
Welcome to the Forum :400:  as others have said the Trophy has experienced a number of issues.  I think you are certainly entitled to have your reservations and to wait until you are comfortable with the bike.  After all it is your hard earned money. I don't advise you rushing in to purchasing any bike.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline aussie oui

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: gtr1000
  • City / Town: sydney
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 11:15:44 am »
yes two bob I am a little concerned about the fragility of a couple of areas as I have seen on other bikes the cost of repairs for things like adjustable screens, tyre pressure monitors and other areas that are not handling the areas of longativity these seem to break not far out of warranty I definitely do think that the Trophy is an ideal bike for two up touring in Australia remember I can only get a new bike if it carries her majesty in comfort and style otherwise I would be riding an FJR certainty an ideal one up tourer proven throughout Australia particularly with far riders. Having said that I am very interested in following the trials and tribulations of the Trophies in the hands of Banana Benders they are a bunch who can put a bike through its paces in hostile territory (well they could before the new strict police laws were put in place) so happy hunting Two Bob (two bob sounds more manly than a florin) and I look forward to further reports maybe at 30,000 and 60,000 I don't think I will survive long enough to see GTR like reliability 250,000klms and still going strong