Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Daytona Roadstar GTX boots  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Daytona Roadstar GTX boots
« on: May 20, 2014, 05:33:17 pm »
Has any one tried these boots? If so what do you think of them. I have very wide feet and it's difficult for me to get touring boots. I tried the Sidi Mega Rain and they're too narrow. I now the Daytona boots are a bit on the pricy side but it's my understanding they last forever.
Any input would be appreciated.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline triucati

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: SOLD: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Carson City, NV
Re: Daytona Roadstar GTX boots
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 06:36:24 pm »
Daytona boots are the only boots I will purchase and wear.  There is at least one model you can order in wide sizes.  My current Daytona boots are regular width and they seem wide to me,  but I have a narrow foot.  Yes,  they are pricey,  but worth it.

Offline Rolf

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vaale
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 06:53:25 pm »
I tried many boots and I chose Daytona boots since the last 12  years - and the last version is now wide  (+2cm) and Daytona is the only source i know with this option.
(And the last boots are accident - proofed (70 km/h), damaged but no injury)
For me the reference.

Cheers Rolf

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 07:06:05 pm »
I have had a pair of tcx boots for over 7 years and they have never let me down in all weathers including the odd spill!

Offline mjdstrsgt

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sprint GT + STR
  • City / Town: Stratford upon Avon
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 09:48:40 pm »
I have these (last 18 months) - best bit of kit I have(until I bought my Rukka that is).

Warm in the cold, comfortable when very hot, fine for walking in, perfectly breathable and totally waterproof. Good fit and I have quite wide feet too.  If they were taken away from me I would buy the same again. Cannot praise highly enough and it is why they are the choice  of those who motorcycle all day long as their job.

My wife has the same for ladies and the same experience.

My advice - dont buy (from the internet) without trying on, and do get from a proper accredited dealer so you get full warranty cover.  They will rebuild them if needed - e.g. new soles FOC

Offline Binnsyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Selby
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 10:41:51 pm »
Daytona TravelStar. Best boots ever!!!!!!!!!!