Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Myrtle Beach!!  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
Myrtle Beach!!
« on: May 20, 2014, 10:51:50 pm »
Ok motobrothers, I went to MB this past weekend and had a blast with my HD buddies...I saw only one other Trophy SE out there besides mine and it was the right color to represent us among all the H.O.G. fanatics: Righteous Lunar Silver! So, come on give, who were you?!!! -Dr Ron  :261:
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Myrtle Beach!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 12:11:40 am »
*Originally Posted by Trumpetman13 [+]
Ok motobrothers, I went to MB this past weekend and had a blast with my HD buddies
Slumming...ehh :084:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Oceandiving954

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 TTSE
  • City / Town: Miami
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 01:14:07 am »
 :460:  Do you even get acknowledged by HD riders in general?   I know I do not typically.   Besides, I am usually passing them and flashing my  :192:
Pacific Blue on the Atlantic :)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 12:11:03 pm »
That would be your considerably better looking and performing ass!  :745: :745: :745:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline strathroy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Strathroy
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 02:14:52 pm »
It was me I rode down from Ontario I would have chased you down if I had seen you I was looking for other Triumphs.
My Harley buddy and i drove down together taking it nice and easy using the back roads. We stayed the night in Ashland Kentucky and left both bikes in the front of the hotel where the receptionist told us to, directly under the security cams. Came out at 9.0 am and his bike was gone! He'd just spent all winter working on it and new paint job. So now 2 days into our 10 day biking week and stuck in Ashland bloody Kentucky with just the Trophy. All his stuff was gone too including passport!
The Trophy was not moved I had the steering lock on , plus The cops said that the Harley would be chopped up and sold more easily than the triumph. The cam showed the theft at 420 pushed it away never saw his face then onto a truck couldn't see license plate, gone.
So we rented a car paid by insurance and did our week in Myrtle beach thing with the wife's who flew down. Put a damper on all of our biking plans in Myrtle and I just ended parking up basically for the week

Offline Old Hand

• Trophy Member
  • Old Hand
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Concours 14
  • City / Town: Markham
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 02:27:26 pm »
Sorry to hear about your friend's bike getting stolen, Strathroy. Glad your Trophy is safe.
Riding since 1973 ....

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 03:39:22 pm »
That is why whenever I travel with other bikes we park close to each other and cable the frames together. Then all bikes are left in gear, forks locked and kill switch engaged.   If someone is going to steal a bike they are going to have to figure out a way to move two or more bikes at one time.  Little solace at this time for you.  Sorry about the theft.  Your friend may want to consider trying to hold the hotel liable.  At 420AM no one notices the bike being pushed into a truck?  Yet it is on the security cam.  Seems a bit suspicious to me.  Even without the suspicion it would be worthwhile to investigate whether the hotel has a duty of care, particularly when the receptionist advised you where to park.  just saying. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 06:35:51 pm »
Hi Strathroy... That's a disappointing way for your biking trip to end up!

:110:

Reminds me of a trip me and a buddy took to Cardiff for a long weekend. Checked into the hotel with both bikes parked on the street under a streetlamp right outside the main entrance. Both steering locks on and both with disc locks on. Another half a dozen bikes parked 10 m down the street.

Checked in and immediately had a shower. Just got out of the shower switched on the TV to hear the clunk of a centre stand going up and an engine starting. Went to the window to look out to see my mates bike disappearing off up the street. Threw my gear on and rushed down to my bike to find both my tyres slashed so no way I could chase. Ten bikes were nicked from Cardiff that night according to the police. They basically said it will be on the back of a truck heading up the motorway to London with all the rest and probably stripped for parts before it gets there, don't expect to see it again! They were right!

Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧