Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Forum Member  (Read 3111 times)

Offline 2WheelFreedm

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 Honda NT700V
  • City / Town: AZ
New Forum Member
« on: May 21, 2014, 03:35:08 am »
Hello Trophy world,
So I don't have a Trophy (yet?) but am researching it and so far have liked a lot of aspects about it.  I currently have a 2010 Honda NT700V, I have about 26,000 miles on it and decided I wanted something a little bigger and more comfortable.  I looked at the BMW's but was concerned about maintenance/upkeep costs; looked at the Victory Vision and while cruisers aren't really my style it's the most non-cruiser looking one out there  :002:; and I've also seriously considered the Honda Goldwing (mostly in an attempt to lure my wife into coming with me) but it's really big, not very sporty like, and the price + gas mileage  :138:.  Anyway, a friend put me on to the Triumph Trophy and I'm really liking it so far (though finding one to test ride seems to be tricky).  I am a little concerned about the low number of Triumph dealers in AZ compared to say Honda/Yamaha/Victory/Harley/Etc.  I suppose for 10k service intervals it's doable but I'm more concerned with an emergency breakdown than maintenance access.  So I'm looking forward to searching through the forum and finding out as much as possible about the Trophy.  Oh, I tend to research the hell out of things before purchase  :164:.

I suppose I over did the intro a little, sometimes I can get a bit wordy.  Oh, right, the celebratory virtual beer  :821:  enjoy!

2WheelFreedom

Offline nakerr

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE - RIP
  • City / Town: Ft. Saskatchewan, AB
Re: New Forum Member
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:45:29 am »
Welcome
Norm

...Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Bilbo Baggins

Past owner of 2014 Triumph Trophy SE (Pacific Blue) - RIP; - next bike ???

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 08:46:01 am »
Hi 2WheelFreedm, and  :400: to the Forum !

There's LOTS of information and help available in here -
but please don't be alarmed by what can seem to be a lot of problems !
It is quite usual in a forum such as this !

You will see that there have been a few teething problems but Triumph are working hard at putting them right  :169:

If you do have any problems with your new Trophy, use the "Search" button, and if you can't find what you need,
just post away in an appropriate Section, and you will soon have a reply ( or several ! ).

Over in the "HOW TO" Section you will find a Topic : HOW TO : Check the most Common Faults and Issues"
that can often provide the answers  you may need :028: ( It's quite an extensive list - mainly minor niggles  :169: ).

There's also a "New Purchase Checklist" that you may find interesting  :169:

Just so you know you won't have to keep your exisiting Profile Photo, ( Very nice by the way !) ,
and will want something to replace it, when you eventually do buy your Trophy
( all it will take is the Test Ride ), I've attached another  Photo for you to admire ( it's not me ! )

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 08:49:17 am »
welcome aboard  :821: I'm confident you will find here all the answers that you need to make the wise choice: buy one!! :047:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 12:06:33 pm »
Hi 2wheel... Welcome to the forum!  :400:

A really good bunch of people in here with lots of experience and advice we are more than happy to share.

Coconut has pointed you at a couple of his excellent threads which should answer most things you need. If you can't find what you are looking for then the search function works very well too. Then if all else fails just ask a new question, someone will jump in with an answer or two!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 04:56:54 pm »
Welcome! I came to the Trophy from an NT700V and while I liked that bike a lot, there is no comparison to the Trophy. Are you a member of the http://www.nt-owners.org/ forum? I just posted an extensive review for those folks this morning. The thread is called  Thoughts on the Trophy.

If you want to look that up you can see my perspective of the Trophy coming from the NT.

I can save you a lot of time though, just go buy the Trophy!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline MyTrophyWife

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus, IN.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 03:20:50 pm »
Welcome!  I think you'll like the Trophy.  :152:   I re-rode my Ninja ZX1100 after riding my TTSE for a week, and even like the Trophy more now! 

Question for you: My wife is looking at the 700 you mention.  Would it be a good one for her?

Thanks!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 06:15:28 pm »
Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST