Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hi from Lake District, UK  (Read 4698 times)

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue SE 2014
  • City / Town: South Lakes
Hi from Lake District, UK
« on: May 21, 2014, 08:46:16 pm »
Just closed the deal today on a blue SE and counting the days till Tuesday. Test rode back to back with the new RT on Monday and the engine/ gearbox /value of the Trophy made it an easy decision. I owned a street triple in 2010 and it was great to hear that triple scream again.  A GS adventure and Pan ST1100 are making way for the Trophy which seems to more than adequately combine the nimbleness of the Gs with the touring comfort for two of the Pan. Trip up to Scotland the day after I pick it up so I will have to work out a running in regime on the motorway avoiding constant revs.... look forward to participating on here - seems like a good crowd, no one else in Cumbria on the map ??

:821:

David

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Hi from Lake District, UK
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:55:36 pm »
congratulations for a wise choice and welcome aboard  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 08:56:30 pm »
David

Could this be an omen :008:  Welcome to the Forum :400:

Great forum and lots of useful information. 
Today I set off from Harrogate with a mate and up to the lakes, I am preparing for a trip in july to Applecross.

Ended up doing wrynose pass and Hardknott Pass That is a challenge for any bike. The Trophy is a beast and those hairpins tested everything. :156:

Anyway after getting back down the other side in one piece :008: :152: we stopped at the Brook House Inn for a well earned (toilet break) :745: and a good old Cumberland sausage sarny.

But again there is little to beat the English lake district in summer time. Brilliant.

seadog  :821:  :821:two for you and :821: :821: :821: :821: :821: for me after today :745: :745:

seadog

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 09:03:35 pm »
Hello David and welcome to the gang!  :400:

Great forum with some really sound people full of advice and support for you and the new big Blue!

Already added you to the list of guys coming to see the Vulcan so you will get to meet a good handful of us then too!

Enjoy your trip to Scotland.

Best advice I can offer in the short term while you are getting used to the big beast is watch things at slow speed, especially if any adverse camber/slope or gravel present. A couple have been caught out that way. But don't worry, once you get use to it, it's a pussycat and as you will find out when you are speed the weight drops off and it is a hoot!

Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 09:45:52 pm »
*Originally Posted by seadog [+]
David

Could this be an omen :008:  Welcome to the Forum :400:

Great forum and lots of useful information. 
Today I set off from Harrogate with a mate and up to the lakes, I am preparing for a trip in july to Applecross.

Ended up doing wrynose pass and Hardknott Pass That is a challenge for any bike. The Trophy is a beast and those hairpins tested everything. :156:

Anyway after getting back down the other side in one piece :008: :152: we stopped at the Brook House Inn for a well earned (toilet break) :745: and a good old Cumberland sausage sarny.

But again there is little to beat the English lake district in summer time. Brilliant.

seadog  :821:  :821:two for you and :821: :821: :821: :821: :821: for me after today :745: :745:

well done in mastering hardknott and wrynose. there is a circuit you can do which takes in all the main lakeland passes but the hardest is west to east up hardknott. I had heard that the road had been damaged over the winter but now you have fired me up to have a go  on my new bike.

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Silver
  • City / Town: Welwyn Garden City
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 09:49:44 pm »
Hi David ,Welcome and I am convinced that you will enjoy riding all the fantastic passes in your area .Totally agree with Seadogs views on the passes he mentioned .Did them two up fully loaded on our Silver TT SE and found them as challenging as any  in Switzerland .Also would agree that have some forethought in coming to rest its a big old bike to push so I try and back into spaces  so I can ride out ,
enjoy and ride safe
Loads of miles  aka Colin

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 09:52:35 pm »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]

Best advice I can offer in the short term while you are getting used to the big beast is watch things at slow speed, especially if any adverse camber/slope or gravel present. A couple have been caught out that way. But don't worry, once you get use to it, it's a pussycat and as you will find out when you are speed the weight drops off and it is a hoot!

Thanks for the tip. How does it compare in slow riding to the old St1100 Pan bus or the 1300 Pan which is worse in this respect than the 1100 IMHO ? So far have managed to avoid dropping those bikes. Is the top heavy thing significant compared to a Pan which is way heavier overall ?

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 10:48:52 pm »
Low speed manoeuvring I find very good... I can turn it across small roads much easier than I could my previous K 1200 S for instance 
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch