Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Here is Looking at you Kids  (Read 5559 times)

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
Re: Here is Looking at you Kids
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 09:16:47 PM »
I have no knowledge of the Starcom but I have two Sena SMH10 bluetooth headsets which are paired. I have paired the phone to the bike, hardwired the GPS into the bike then paired the Rider headset with the bike. Using the multi pairing I have paired the Rider headset also with a Sena SR10 linked to a two way radio. All is working perfectly.

Hope this helps.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 03:48:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
I hope to do a deal on a bike this week.  I usually also like to add bits. 

I have a starcom one digital intercom with bike to bike and will have a look at the best way to link it in.

Any thoughts on intercoms will be gladly received.
I'm looking at this as well as I have the same unit. I thought they had a blue tooth add on. Was gonna check on that. bought the Starcomm for my last bike less than a year ago. Work great for what it did.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 07:58:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
I hope to do a deal on a bike this week.  I usually also like to add bits. 

I have a starcom one digital intercom with bike to bike and will have a look at the best way to link it in.

Any thoughts on intercoms will be gladly received.

Hi John

Loads of room under the seat. I run with a AutoCom easy to install just be aware that the battery is in the right side of the fairing but plenty of room to get the wire back to the unit.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 08:21:04 AM »
Ndo,

I absolutely agree. I had to take the panniers off to fit the hugger and thought They were so heavy that I thought I had left some stuff in them. When I opened them up to check I found they were completely empty!

I am sure glad I ordered the pannier bags- there is no way I will be lugging the boxes themselves around!

I still have my ST1300 and when I get a chance I am going to weigh both sets of panniers to see the difference.

One other thing- I was rather disappointed with the space inside the boxes compared to their outer size. The walls are very thick and I guess this is to accomodate the complex locking mechanism. This seems over-engineered and unnecessary. On the ST1300 (and the old ST1100) the latching mechanism is built into the bike itself with only the locks on the panniers themselves.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by BluePilot [+]
Ndo,

I absolutely agree. I had to take the panniers off to fit the hugger and thought They were so heavy that I thought I had left some stuff in them. When I opened them up to check I found they were completely empty!

I am sure glad I ordered the pannier bags- there is no way I will be lugging the boxes themselves around!

I still have my ST1300 and when I get a chance I am going to weigh both sets of panniers to see the difference.

One other thing- I was rather disappointed with the space inside the boxes compared to their outer size. The walls are very thick and I guess this is to accommodate the complex locking mechanism. This seems over-engineered and unnecessary. On the ST1300 (and the old ST1100) the latching mechanism is built into the bike itself with only the locks on the panniers themselves.

BP

'You can't please all of the people all of the time'...............if they weren't well made then they would be flimsy an cheapskate!!!!! :172:

I've used these panniers with the 'well made' inner bags on my Sprint GT for two up touring and we have never had a problem. The locking mech is well engineered compaired to the ones on the Sprint ST so Triumph have evidently done their homework.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 06:26:41 PM »
I am not suggesting that the panniers are badly made at all, quite the opposite- i think that they are over-engineered. I am certainly happy that the bike will be carrying their weight instead of my arms!

The Honda panniers are much lighter but certainly not cheapskate. The difference is that Honda have separate locks for the latching mechanism (built into the bike) and for the boxes themselves. This means you are not carrying around the latching system when you take the panniers off. It also means that the walls can be thinner as there is less mechanical gubbins to hide which leaves more room for your stuff.

I expect the overall weight is much the same between the systems.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

tweedy-bunch