Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Low seat  (Read 3216 times)

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
Low seat
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:47:29 am »
I am a bit short in the leg 30" so as all you USA Trophy owners have the low seat as standard I thought it would be OK  :005: It is just like the UK seat with all the padding removed how can you ride more than 50 miles on that seat. I think I will have to get some platform soles on my boots

Offline Rolf

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vaale
Re: Low seat
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 01:02:43 pm »
I had bought for my short legs low seat heated, and after 4.000 km high and 3.000 km low, the only thing that changed is a little uncomfortably knee-angle, both seats I found no difference in sitting comfort.

Cheers Rolf

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 01:27:40 pm »
I am what they would call short and I have no real issues with the bike and I have the low seat.  I made no other changes and it seems fine for me anyway. 
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »
I not only find it uncofortable but it also makes me slide into the tank and the standard seat doesnt. It could be me that is odd because I found the new Tiger sport more comfortable than my old Tiger 1050 and if you look at the forums most people prefer the old Tiger  :191:

Offline Agrsiv

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Peoria
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 03:42:14 pm »
The first thing I bought for my TT was a new seat because the stock low seat is so uncomfortable, so in my case the answer is "we don't".

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 10:28:19 pm »
I have the low seat which is handy given my 31" inseam. Last Monday I rode from Conway, New Hampshire to Veazie, Maine - 180 miles. I only got off the bike to put on my waterproofs. I have no issues with the seat whatsoever.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 11:20:02 pm »
I have the 'standard for U.S.' low seat as well, and I'm very comfortable until around the 250 mile mark.  Not that bad above that, and I've done nearly 500 miles in a day a few times, with no major issues.  Still, I'll probably end up with a custom seat from Bill Mayer Saddles, since they're only about an hour from home, as I do enjoy long rides.  Seats are a very personal preference, and you need to find what's comfortable for you!
STONEY

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 04:48:24 am »
I bought the standard seat, its much better.