* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Laminar Lip  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Djimmy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
Laminar Lip
« on: May 24, 2014, 04:07:19 pm »
I would like some feedback on the Laminar Lip. I've seen a couple of posts from people that purchased them, but not much, if anything pro or con.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Laminar Lip
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:40:53 am »
I like em. Had one on my 1500 Goldwing and my 1150 Beemer. None on the Trophy yet, but it may happen. I don't like to look through a motorcycle windshield and the Laminar accomplishes that for me. My vote is  :028:

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 11:50:21 am »
I had a BMW LT with the larger touring windscreen but I still wasn't happy with buffeting so I added a Laminer Lip. It definitely improved the situation and was cheaper than a replacement screen. Cleaning was more awkward. My Trophy with the tall screen is actually better.
Caoimhín

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 02:27:18 pm »
I had a laminar lip on the ST1100 standard screen. Made a difference as it smoothed out the air and made the bike more stable, and you could still see over. The Trophy screen is probably as good as is. I have the Calsci screen on now, and it is just as good as the laminar lip for directing air over the helmet. Just been through heaps of bugs, screen low position, and while the screen and bike are covered in them, only a few made it onto the helmet.

Offline johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »
Had one on my st1300 used it for about a year. It was an improvement over the standard screen but I went back to a 'flip' screen which seemed to be better.

tweedy-bunch