Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Make the heated grips icon appear on the LCD  (Read 13741 times)

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
Make the heated grips icon appear on the LCD
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:12:40 pm »
" having the issue with the no heated grip icon and grips don't work. I saw in my kit the dealer didn't hook up a little 'do hickey'" 

That plug with the wire loop is what tells the ECU the grips are fitted. It plugs in under the glove box, if you open the glove box remove the 2 screws pull the box back and up you will see a similar connector without the wire loop just remove that and plug the new one in no programing required. I had the same problem but didn't have the loop connector so I just removed the plug and pushed a wire loop in the 2 pins.

Offline lionia

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: SE
  • City / Town: Willowbrook,IL
Re: Make the heated grips icon appear on the LCD
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 06:21:23 am »
DA BEST POST of them all about heated grips
 :047:

Offline triumphtrophyrider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2000 & 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 08:26:32 pm »
This is interesting since I have just installed the heated grips on my 2014 and installed the shorting plug but no icon appears on the dash display.  I didn't disconnect the battery - wonder if the ECU needs a re-initialize from the battery disconnect for this to work?

Have the same problem with no icon for the heated seat but I believe that can only be fixed by the dealer with their diagnostic tool.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 10:03:21 pm »
I installed the heated grips on my 2014 two weeks ago and the grips and the icon both work just fine. I did not disconnect my battery when I did the job. My bike has a July of 2013 build date if that makes any difference.

Offline triumphtrophyrider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2000 & 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Wisconsin
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 10:40:00 pm »
Does the icon appear on the display all the time with the ignition on whether the grips are turned on or not?  From what I have read, the grips only heat when the engine is running and show what level of heat is being applied by the 2 bars beneath the heated grip icon.  This would indicate to me that the heated grip icon is always on and that it fills in the lower bars when the grips are turned on - correct?

Still don't understand why the icon becomes active on some installs but not on others.

NavyDad - do you know what your ECU tune is for your bike?

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 10:52:56 pm »
No the icon only appears when the grips are on

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 11:49:33 pm »
The grips and icon both only work with the engine running. Just having the ignition on will not do it. The icon has two marks, one for low and two for high.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 05:49:07 am »
*Originally Posted by triumphtrophyrider [+]
Have the same problem with no icon for the heated seat but I believe that can only be fixed by the dealer with their diagnostic tool.
Yes, my bike came new with the heated grips and seat but they forgot to active the icon. I had them take care of that (and several other issues) at my 500 mile service.

I don't know why they don't just active them all  at the factory. They won't show up anyway unless the stuff is fitted and turned on with engine running.

But it seems random. Some get the icons when the stuff is added and others don't. I think most don't, but your Triumph dealer should be able to  fix it while you wait.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

tweedy-bunch