Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Make the heated grips icon appear on the LCD  (Read 9760 times)

Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Charlotte, NC
Re: Make the heated grips icon appear on the LCD
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2017, 06:23:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Assuming the Shorting Link is fitted
then it will need a Dealer to enable the function in their Set Up menu.

Thanks for the wealth of info on this subject from you and others here.  I activated my grips for the first time last sunday; they heat fine but no icon.  A number of other issues need to be corrected at next week's 600 mile service.  Starting to wish I had installed the accessories myself like I did on my latest Sprint.

Offline demonbane

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: Stirling
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 11:31:13 AM »
with my grips and seat on high, my screen wont go up and down on tickover, not a problem, must be sucking the life out of it ( like my missus then! ) :034:

Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Charlotte, NC
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 01:54:35 PM »
Completed Initial Service yesterday at 380 miles (delivery 7/29/2017 w/36 miles).  My best chance for the foreseeable future and my backrest pad and u-lock had arrived at the dealer.

Dealer was unable to activate the heated grips icon; grips work otherwise.  Dealer stated the main battery tested good; I'm not riding enough otherwise he says!  He took delivery of a personal Trophy a week after I bought mine (he also owns a 1999 900 triple Trophy); new bike already has over 3k miles. 1.75 hours labor to change the oil, filter and shaft drive oil. Purchased some bling from his accessory dept. as I'm prone to do.

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
  • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »
Still no grip icon for me either. To be honest this whole thing has turned into a  joke.  The grips actually work though, so I am just going to let it be. I cannot afford to have the bike laid up for a thing as trivial as this. It does make me nervous though... If something this simple is turning out to be so undoable, what if something more serious happens? We'll see I guess.

But hey, the rest of the bike has been wonderful, and the grips do work so I am at peace with never seeing the stupid icon.
"The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi