Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Bike is wonderful  (Read 5024 times)

Offline Cide1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fishers
Bike is wonderful
« on: May 26, 2014, 01:43:27 am »
I went for a 300 mile ride Saturday morning, rode from Indianapolis to Cincinnati to see the shop of Sporttour.com.  I was on US-52 most of the ride, which is a wonderful road for this bike.  So many turn after turn sections that really let me use the bike how it was meant to be, broken up by small towns.  Getting into the more scenic southern part of Indiana with the sweeping turns and elevation changes makes for good times.  The Triumph triple really is a fantastic motor....makes me smile just thinking about it.

As far as Sporttour, they were nice people.  Father and son were running the store.  They had an OK selection of gear, but most of the speciality things I've wanted in the past they have had to order.

This site can be very inwardly focused on the bike itself, and I like that at times, but to me motorcycling is about going places and meeting people.  I find myself wondering "What are some of your favorite roads and why?"  As I plan trips, I want to hit as many of the good ones as possible.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bike is wonderful
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 03:11:29 am »
Come a bit farther east to Chillicothe and I will show you some fantastic roads where the Trophy can really do it's thing.

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 12:29:06 pm »
We have some great riding here in Maine and New England in general. Friday the wife and I are headed to the Bennington Bash in Vermont, a Triumph rally. I'll try and post some pictures and perhaps a little review of the events. I've ridden in New Hampshire and a bit in Vermont and I'm really looking forward to it.
Later in the summer we're headed to Nova Scotia to ride the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton island. This has the reputation for being one of the best rides on the eastern seaboard. I also want to ride through New Brunswick to the Gaspe Bay peninsula and down the south side of the St Lawrence River. I hpe I can work that in this summer too. Both will be spectacular rides.
In September my wife is participating in a Tai Chi conference with Dr. Paul Lam in Shelbourne, Vermont. Her suggestion was to ride over on the Trophy. While she is busy all day with the workshops, I guess I'll have to ride in the Adirondack Mountains.
In July I'll be in Ohio visiting family. I'll trailer my Bonneville down there and ride SE Ohio, maybe getting as far west as Chillecothe(!) There are some truly magnificent rides out there; the triple nickel (555), 78, 26 out of Marietta, 151 west from the Ohio River, any state route in the SE part of the state.

My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 09:34:04 pm »
Hey Bludy L, my brother and I will be riding the Cabot Trail the last week of July, first week of August. We'll be leaving Louisiana July 26th and should be there around the 29th and 30th. Seems like a great ride according to various websites. :152:
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 10:13:35 pm »
Great ride and don't limit yourself to the Cabot Trail. Must see Peggy's Cove and the whole area actually. By the way ride Cabot Trail in the opposite direction the next day. It is a whole different experience. We crossed the border at Vanceboro, Maine. Small border crossing without much traffic, as a matter of fact we were the only vehicle there going into Canada and again when we came back  :152:

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 10:20:24 pm »
I've crossed at Vanceboro but I don't think we'll take that route. They built a new border crossing at Calais a few years back to help facilitate business traffic. I used it a couple weeks ago when we went to Chamcook, NB for fried clams. It has greatly simplified the crossing.
We only have two days on Cape Breton. We have comtemplated clockwise and counterclockwise on the Cabot Trail but there are other things to see, like the Fortress of Louisbourg.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 02:21:26 am »
Bludy L, which is the better crossing? We were going to cross at the International crossing at St. Stephen Dr. or is better to go through town and cross at Calais? Do they still have a ferry crossing back to the stateside? My brother is wanting to get a pic of his bike on a ferry for some reason. :027:
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 08:42:53 am »
*Originally Posted by atvtinker [+]
or is better to go through town and cross at Calais? Do they still have a ferry crossing back :027:

There is still a ferry at Calais but will take you to Dover ... :745:

Ok I'm out of here  :455:
An old biker must be a good rider