Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Headset connection  (Read 2724 times)

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
Headset connection
« on: June 03, 2014, 05:21:05 pm »
Well it all can't be smooth running, attempted to connect my headset " scalarider team pro" and the display on the bike "device 2" showed it connected (paired) but nothing. Tried deleting and reconnecting ....... Computer said no " no device found" can't even connect it to the headset setting. Again I get no device found, hope it's something I'm doing, checked the manual. Other than the bike system being 2.1 and the headset being 2.0 I would expect them to be compatible.

Connects okay through the zumo 660 sat nav, even with the phone. Any suggestion, has anyone had this problem with the scalarider team pro?

Suggestion, helpful tips would be greatly received. :001:

GJ-Trophy
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Headset connection
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 08:54:51 am »
Hi GJ-Trophy,

Have a read here :
"HOW TO: Check the most common faults & Issues - Page 1
in the Section for "Bluetooth audio not working"

Information there includes how to reset the audio system.

I would also recommend Deleting all existing Pairings and starting again - then try to connect your Headset as "HEADSET 1 -" not "DEVICE 1"  :028:

Cheers,

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:56:24 am by Coconut »

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:15:55 pm »
Hi Coconut,

Thanks for the reply, looked at the faults and issue section and tried deleting and pulling the fuse. So I have asked the dealership to check it out when I take it back for its 500 mile service/checkup.

In the mean time will use my sat nav as both the headset and phone work okay. Unless a solution is found before I take the bike in.

Thanks again  :002:

GJ-Trophy
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline trackball

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Galicia
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 08:45:03 pm »
Device 2 is only for Bluetooth input systems isn't it? Headset should be paired at device 1 or headset profile.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 09:41:57 pm »
Device 2 is only for Bluetooth input systems isn't it? Headset should be paired at device 1 or headset profile.

Not quite!

The numbers 1 & 2 relate to the two Bluetooth Channels.

In the Trophy Menu they are called "HEADSET 1" and "DEVICE 2"

There is no "HEADSET 2", or "DEVICE 1" !

Channel 1 can only be used for equipment with a Headset Profile,
such as your Helmet Bluetooth kit, hence being called "HEADSET 1",
whereas Channel 2 can be used for any Bluetooth device supporting the A2DP Profile,
such as Mobile Phones etc. hence the name "DEVICE 2"

I think it would have been a lot easier to understand if Triumph
had called the two connections "1 HEADSET" and "2 DEVICE" !

Hope that helps to clear up any confusion !  :028:

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 06:25:12 am »
Haven't given up yet but that clear to me and thanks for your comments guys. Always appreciate the forum assistance.

:001:

GJ-Trophy