Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2013 TTSE - A few questions  (Read 2421 times)

Offline CrazyCanuck

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Toronto
2013 TTSE - A few questions
« on: June 04, 2014, 12:08:23 pm »
Well, just picked up my used 2013 Trophy....have a few questions;

There is a ticking coming from somewhere when riding, I think from engine or gearing, it sounds like when you had a playing card in your spokes when you were a kid on a bicycle.

The audio is a bit flaky, can't tune in anything for AM or FM....pressing the M button doesn't really work everytime....pressing it a bunch of times and only every now and then does it change the source.

When at a stop light and you shift to Neutral, there is a bit of mechanical noise while idling.

I love that you can change from Metric to Imperial for things like distance, temperature and gas consumption....but you can't seem to change the digital speedometer....stays on MPH even when everything else is Metric.

BTW, loving the bike!

Gord

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
Re: 2013 TTSE - A few questions
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:48:44 pm »
*Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck [+]
Well, just picked up my used 2013 Trophy....have a few questions;

There is a ticking coming from somewhere when riding, I think from engine or gearing, it sounds like when you had a playing card in your spokes when you were a kid on a bicycle. The Trophy engine sounds different and has a sort of diesel clatter to it.  It's hard to say if what you hear is normal or noise which can be fixed by the cylinder head TSB.  You should go to your local Triumph dealer and have them check out your VIN to see that all the recalls and TSBs have been performed.

The audio is a bit flaky, can't tune in anything for AM or FM....pressing the M button doesn't really work everytime....pressing it a bunch of times and only every now and then does it change the source. Don't know what that's about, hitting the mode button should change the audio source, the source is listed in the lower left hand corner of the screen.  Is the volume turned up?

When at a stop light and you shift to Neutral, there is a bit of mechanical noise while idling. Normal clutch basket rattle, it'll go away when you pull in the clutch lever.

I love that you can change from Metric to Imperial for things like distance, temperature and gas consumption....but you can't seem to change the digital speedometer....stays on MPH even when everything else is Metric. That doesn't make sense, but I've never changed mine, maybe someone else will chime in with how that works

BTW, loving the bike!

Gord

Offline PhilInAthens

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Athens, GA
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 02:34:39 am »
I am not trying to be a smart ass at all.  Spend some time with the bike and the owners manual (and/or audio manual) in hand.  As for pressing any button - including the 'M' button, press them deliberately, hold for a moment and then release.  It takes a moment for the bike to accept an input.  {Yes, I have learned via experience.}  Once you know this bike's little personality issues, it will be a good relationship for both of you.   :821:

Offline towersk

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy Launch
  • City / Town: Granger IN
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 03:01:23 pm »
Check the location setting on the audio system - should be North America.
Also make sure that the audio output is set to speakers and not Bluetooth, no option to use speakers and Bluetooth at the same time.

Key on
Turn the audio off
Press and hold the "P" (preset) button and the audio menu will come up
Scroll to location and select North America.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 03:03:57 pm by towersk »
Cheers,
Ken