Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 10 month wait is over  (Read 2102 times)

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
10 month wait is over
« on: March 14, 2013, 02:48:04 AM »
Well as of today the 10 month wait for a SE is over. Dealer picked it up today from another dealer as it looks like the one I put a deposit on may not show up as expected. Computer told him that there was no delivery date for it. Not good. He phoned every dealer west of Ontario and found one a ferry ride away. They picked it up this morning and called to say it was on the bench getting all the extra's added and I can get it Saturday. My son called tonight to say he just about had every thing installed.

Now to figure out how to go and get it. Dealer is 100 miles away.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: 10 month wait is over
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 06:42:26 AM »
Go there on public transport and ride that baby back!
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »
glad your wait is over.... get a friend to drive you there and follow you home....

tell me something when you see it.... is the speedo in Kms or Miles??
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:32:08 PM by kgerry »

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 03:57:54 PM »
that's a walk in my previous bike I rt1200, went from Spain to Germany to pick.
not understand how it takes both (1 year) to deliver a bike to me late one week

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 02:26:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Berber [+]
Go there on public transport and ride that baby back!
You must be from a country that has public transport. I live just about 100 miles from the only dealer with out taking a ferry. We have one bus company that does maybe 3 trips daily on that route if it runs at the right time. Train service stopped a year ago as the tracks are so worn out the train can't go past 30 miles. Only real choice around here is to drive or ride.

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 02:31:34 AM »
Think the ride down is figured out now. My son figured I ride his Street Triple down I then ride my SE back. That way he gets his bike for the summer. Where he lives there is no winter storage so he brings it up and stores it in the shop with the rest of the bikes. First time on that bike.

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 10:20:08 PM »
Picked the bike up last Friday, a day early. Put just over 300k on it now. Audio crapped out on Sunday, pulled the fuse and put it back now works again. Guess that gave it a reboot. Right fork seal looks like it needs replacing. will have to do a few wipe tests before I know for sure.

I don't like the way you have to reset the trip meter. To much work. Trying to get use to the mirrors. Finding it very hard to use to the back brakes. They were bleed before bring home and got some air out of them. They still just don't feel right. Waiting for the other shop owner to give it a test ride to see how he likes them.

Ride is good. Not sure if any better than an Explorer. Think Explorer gave better wide protection. This concave top wide screen is something new. May look for a convex one. Like the wind protection on the legs. Will use the audio system, etc.

Toss up if I should have kept the Explorer. Time will tell.