Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Interphone F3XT modification?  (Read 2007 times)

Offline davybull

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE L
  • City / Town: Wigan
Interphone F3XT modification?
« on: June 07, 2014, 09:47:09 pm »
After getting my SE back after it's holiday in Hinckley all is good. Been out for a ride today to test everything in the rain (of course) and the only thing that is still a problem is the bluetooth dropping out with mt Interphone F3XT. Tried to un-pair and re-pair a number of times but it didn't get any better.

I did wonder if the latest software upgrades would make it better but they haven't.

So, was seriously considering scrapping the unit and trying something else. I saw somewhere else that someone had extended the antenna on a bluetooth dongle with great results and got to wondering if I could maybe do the same with this unit.

So out came the jewelers screwdrivers to try and get the anti-tamper screws out. 6 screw in total, 2 are hidden under stickers and success I'm in!!

The antenna can clearly be seen on the left side of the circuit board.

So any electronics experts out there if I can connect a longer piece of wire to this track is it likely to improve things?

Cheers.
Dave.

Trust me......
I ride a Triumph.

Offline trackball

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Galicia
Re: Interphone F3XT modification?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 11:56:01 am »
It's a fractal antenna DO NOT WELD anything to it.
it was designed to have a wider antenna that if it was a standard one receiving multiple frequencies so do not touch it before reading about it from the internet.
I suppose Wooster can be fit near it in order to improve reception but not welding anything.

Offline treasurediver69

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800
  • City / Town: Webster
Re: Interphone F3XT modification?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:38:13 pm »
I am having the same trouble and glad to hear it wasnt an update problem. that would have been a waste of time for me. Have you resolved this issue yet? I'm wondering if this was a common problem and why the unit was so cheap when I bought it. I paid $140 for the dual set and I'd hate to scrap it if I can fix it. Otherwise I will just buy the new F5MC.

Any luck fixing it?

Thank you in advance,
JohnB

ps. dont hate me because I ride a Honda. I found your post via a google search of interphone F3XT troublshooting

tweedy-bunch