Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: headlight alignment  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Mac166

• Trophy Junior
  • Never Ride Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy - Blue
  • City / Town: Sandhurst
headlight alignment
« on: June 08, 2014, 11:53:55 am »
Hi
Being new to this forum I am not sure whether this subject has already been discussed or not. Could not find anything during a search. Apologies if it has.

The beam from my headlight is not horizontally aligned. The left beam is approx 15mm lower than the right when the bike is approx 4' from a wall on the centre stand.
I cannot find anyway of adjusting the headlights individually and have tried removing and replacing the bulbs just in case they had not been seated correctly.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Stu

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: headlight alignment
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 12:30:33 pm »
Hi Stu,

I don't recall seeing anything along these lines either.

To my knowledge the headlights are not intended to be readily adjustable as individual lights. The electronic adjustment you can do through the bike set up works on both at the same time.

There is a manual adjuster to adjust the horizontal beam for each headlight but you will need to remove the upper mirror covers. This is very straight forward and see the excellent fairing removal write up in the HOW TO: section by coconut. There is then a small cogged horizontal adjustment wheel in sight with a adjuster acre next to it. You then turn the screw to adjust the headlight fall. Obviously do this with the bike in a level position with the dipped lights on.

The procedure is detailed on 18.20 of the service manual.

However, I can't find any procedure for adjusting the vertical alignment which sounds like the problem you are describing.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 12:36:47 pm »
Welcome Stu, I see this is your first post on the Forum, you may want to stop by the "New Members" section to properly introduce yourself... :062:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:41:17 pm by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Mac166

• Trophy Junior
  • Never Ride Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy - Blue
  • City / Town: Sandhurst
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 05:06:04 pm »
I have spoken to Triumph. They say the lights are set at the factory. There is no way to physically adjust vertical height, it can only be done electronically on the SE version.

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 08:10:25 pm »
I've not checked mine, but it is possible that they are not vertically aligned by design.  Although, I would then expect the right light to be lower to illuminate the side of the road more.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 11:00:59 pm »
You might be right, so in the UK it should be the left side, which would be in line with Stu's original comment
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 12:03:03 am »
Good point.  I forgot we drive  the wrong side of the road over here :001:

Offline swede 2

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 tt se
  • City / Town: N.E florida
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 12:45:50 am »
i had this happen twice after ecm replacement.first on my 13 and on my 14.took it back to dealer and according to the tech headlight assembly was not in right position and that he could reach  it under the fairing and push it back in place.my guess is that it got moved during the ecm change and i did not want to mess with it myself since it is under warranty and if i broke something it would be my problem