Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: q  (Read 8824 times)

Offline q

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
q
« on: June 13, 2014, 04:08:23 am »
q
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:43:37 am by bapa13 »

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Saved by the Forum!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:12:01 am »
Rather a strange first and last post.  Not to mention I (and I'm sure the rest of those on this Forum) believe you are making a mistake in choosing the BMW over the Triumph. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 04:57:12 am »
Eye, captain. Big mistake. The Triumph Trophy SE  is awesome.  You are only reading the bad. Good news doesn't make the newspaper. I bought an early 2013, had some problems, leaking fuel tank, misbehaving windscreen, some recalls, but I will not trade or replace this bike. All those problems have been fixed on my mount. (took a year). I have a barn of mostly British classics, some vintage Japanese and a vintage Hardley. Nice to have, and I appreciate them, but, I am thinking about selling all of them. I stopped riding them. I just want to ride the Trophy. HAVE YOU RIDDEN AND SPENT ROAD TIME WITH THE SE? If you distill the looooong list of failures, you will find it is the same problems being revisited over and over again. Fork seals, fuel tank recall, center stand recall, ECM recall, windscreen, audio lockup. Solutions found and implemented. The 2015 should be way past the first year teething pains. But buy the BMW, and I gloat every time I pass one on the street, and think, you bought into it, and you have no idea what your missing. "Exceptional is found beyond safe." I just made that up!

Offline Theo

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Prince George
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 05:07:48 am »
I too have had some regrets about buying my Trophy - mostly when I'm reading some of the posts on this forum.  But every time I swing a leg over my Blue Boy, all the regrets disappear.  Yeah, it has a few issues, but they can (and will) be overcome.  This bike is a superb ride.

Theo
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2007 Triumph Bonneville T100
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 05:56:17 am »
G'day Bapa13,

Don't know if I should welcome you or farewell you? I assume you've been tracking the BMW Forum as and realise the R1200RT has problems as well?

If you look at the ratio of members vs reports in this forum you'll notice that there is a relatively small proportion of owners who have had problems. Triumph in my experience has dealt with problems promptly and effectively. I own a first import TTSE (2012/13) and the only problem was with the audio unit that was replaced under warranty promptly without dispute. My bike has had the factory upgrades and after 14,500km of riding I can't fault this bike (nor can my wife).

In hot Australian summer conditions heat from the engine is effectively deflected however airflow behind the screen is still (the aerodynamics works too well). To compensate I ride with screen down and wear a mesh jacket.

The height adjustment of the seat allows for taller riders.

In the end it's your choice  what you buy but I would encourage going for a 'good' test ride first on the 2014/15 TTSE; you won't be disappointed.
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 06:15:23 am »
Yes.... a strange one.... your fist and only post being a hello and goodbye!

You read any forum about any new product and you will read gripes and moans and stories of problems and failures.

Just look at the new R1200RT.... days out of the factory and an emergency  instruction to stop riding IMMEDIATELY and return it to the dealers to sort out the ESA...

The internet is a magnifying glass that will always intensify the horror stories...

There are very few riders who have truly regretted the purchase of their Trophy... yes, we have had some issues, but Triumph and the dealers have sorted them.

Goodbye and good luck with whatever you end up riding
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:14:16 am »
Yep, kind of hard to understand why someone would go to the trouble of registering in a forum, just to make a single post stating that he's not buying the product represented by that forum.  He works for BMW?  Makes one think.  I wonder if he's doing the same thing on the ST forums, the FJR forums, etc.

Anyway, as I've been in the automotive business for over 35 years (selling parts), my friends often ask my opinion on this car or that car.  I always say the same thing:  Buy what you really like, and any problems you have will be minimized, as the rest of the time you'll be enjoying your ride.  But buy what someone else tells you to buy (against your true wishes) and you'll blame the vehicle for every flat tire, and even hate having to get the oil changed!  The same applies with motorcycles.  As you can see from this forum, the vast majority of us will put up with a few issues, since we love what we ride.  It's that simple!
STONEY

Offline JohnD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: T Trophy
  • City / Town: Ulverstone Tasmania
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 08:02:30 am »
What has been said here is all true.
What also swung Triumph for me was the excellent long standing Triumph Agent...'O' blow it, I'll  give them a blast NW Motorcycles Ulverstone Tasmania. I believe my TT is the only one in the state at the mo (small population).........and if you don't take one for a test ride........ maybe you do work for a BMW agent? :017: