Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trips to France, where have you been?  (Read 1830 times)

Offline John

• Trophy Member
  • Hi to all from Salisbury.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Bonnie, Trophy, 250
  • City / Town: Salisbury
Trips to France, where have you been?
« on: June 17, 2014, 12:57:15 am »
Well, I have just arrived back from my first 600 mile trip to France on my new to me TTSE (she has been with Triumph since manufacturing in 2012 and I bought her 1 month ago. you can see her on the 2013 brochure).

The bike was so good thought the trip it turned into a 2200 mile tour!!!

No problems and Deb who is the passenger was very happy with her heated seat and in complete comfort.

Before we had a BMW K1200 LT, which had 1/ brake failure! 2/ leaking shaft drive and 3/ many smaller faults, heated seats failing, stereo failure etc. Now she is very happy and I am delighted!!!

THANKS to Triumph and all the VERY helpful people on the site.
If you are thinking of getting a Trophy I can promise you, and your other half will have many miles of comfortable riding ahead. Deb has problems with her back so I have the suspension set to comfort, this is the FIRST bike she has enjoyed without pain from her back.

So Enjoy.
Thanks again and I will be writing up the route soon. It would be great if we could build up information on French trips here. Thanks and enjoy your riding
Thanks for your time and have a great ride. John

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Trips to France, where have you been?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 10:30:47 am »
Cheers John - Any Photo's ?

Offline Iron Gonzo

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kleit
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 07:57:25 pm »
I have almost the same story.
my wife is happy now on the backseat of the TTSE  :152:

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 08:13:06 pm »
My 1st trip out with the wife was the same she said it was like being in an arm chair and she could have fallen asleep as it was so comfortable.

Get the wife on side and your on a winner. Also had the bike set up on comfort.

My next trip is to Nr Coventry 300 mile round trip. Haven't considered France as my boy keeps on at me about doing Switzerland. Anyone been and was it as good as the boy says?

GJ-Trophy  :001:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Online Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 08:48:28 am »
*Originally Posted by GJ-Trophy [+]
about doing Switzerland. Anyone been and was it as good as the boy says? GJ-Trophy  :001:

going up and down the Alps Passes in Switzerland is just a great treat!! Doing this every year since 2009 and love it!!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:50:23 am by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider