Heated low rider seat by Stefra
[Today at 05:31:24 am]

Fourth Gear All-Time? by LarryJa
[Yesterday at 10:35:04 pm]

Suspension Upgrades,What Have You Done? by mznyc
[Yesterday at 08:47:52 pm]

Hi there! by Stefra
[Yesterday at 08:39:51 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Fitted rad and grill guards  (Read 1737 times)

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
Fitted rad and grill guards
« on: June 17, 2014, 07:58:36 pm »
Well another job done fitting the R&G rad and down pipe grills. As previously mention fitting the cable ties was a bit frustrating but found a solution. Just waiting for the huger mud guard and LED rear break light to arrive. Then that's it for me until I can find two small cameras link to a video recording unit that can be installed on the bike.

Need to protect myself riding around London and the M25. I currently use a head cam from contour.

GJ-Trophy  :002:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Fitted rad and grill guards
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 03:24:18 am »
I added the same guards, and my downpipe guard was an absolute devil to get in place and reassemble the lower cowl.  It just didn't want to stay in place, and when it did it seemed like it was interfering with the cowl lining up on the bottom for the plastic screw inserts.  Finally got it though and it does add some peace of mind riding in the Texas Hill Country with all the limestone pieces everywhere being thrown from the cager's tires.
Enjoy!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
Re: Fitted rad and grill guards
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 11:46:14 am »
*Originally Posted by Trophied [+]
...my downpipe guard was an absolute devil to get in place and reassemble the lower cowl...

Totally agree.  I finally went and got much longer bolts that hold the top of the down pipe grill in place.  This gave more tolerance to line everything up.  I could get one side started and then move to the other side.   Then once every thing was in place I replaced those longer bolts, one at a time, with the shorter OEM bolts.

Looks good finished.

tweedy-bunch