Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Screen  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Charlien

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
Screen
« on: March 15, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »
I have just bought a new Trophy SE and found that the screen will lock in fully extended position. The screen will not move at all, but will reset once the bike is turned off. If I do not put the screen in the fully extended position it will move freely.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Weston
Re: Screen
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:41:25 PM »
Charlien this is a known problem. In the short term you may find that you can set the screen with the ignition on but the engine not running, however you will need the full assembly replacing to get rid of the problem. Really irritating isn't it!  Good luck.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »
Hi Charlie

I have the same problem. They reflashed the CPU with an update but that didn't help. I went to the dealership yesterday but the mechanics couldn't replicate the fault. As we were all outside chatting (Manager, mechanic and myself) the manager stated that unless they could see the fault in action, they couldn't do anything about it. At that point, I turned the bike on and the screen stuck!! What a blessed relief. The Manager just said "right we can see the fault and we will sort it". I am just waiting for a date when the bike goes in. I cannot fault my dealership. They are also changing the discs as they are rusting (it was suggested we wait till the worst of winter is over then change them. Happy with that as I commute 100 miles round trip to work).

I have also had a fault with the digital speedo not working when the temp is below zero. Triumph say it is a known fault and are working on a solution to it.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Weston
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 09:26:33 PM »
Berber suggest your to dealer that they chat to Jane, the service manager at Fowlers in Bristol who can tell them about my bike and their demo both of which had he problem. Tom

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 09:33:59 PM »
Thanks Tom. Will do.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison