Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Honda Valkyrie rider considering switch to Trophy  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Crystalman

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Valkyrie
Honda Valkyrie rider considering switch to Trophy
« on: June 18, 2014, 02:15:41 pm »
Hi
I have been riding 1999 Valkyrie for 14 years. It has been a great comfortable and powerful touring bike but all of the new high tech braking, suspension, traction control and audio developments are intriguing. I have a long trip through the smokey mountains planned in the fall. Does anyone think a switch from my cruiser to a sport tourer is too drastic a change for an old guy 66 years old

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Honda Valkyrie rider considering switch to Trophy
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 03:15:29 pm »
Nice, a fellow Valkyrie fan. We had a 2000 blue/silver Interstate at one time, prettiest bike I ever owned. I think you will be very happy with the Trophy, we are. It is not the "torque monster" that the Valk is, but you won't be disappointed either. You will find that the Trophy is a MUCH better handling bike than the Valk and much easier to manage at parking lot speeds. Take one for a test ride and you will see why the sport/touring segment has grown so much in the last few years. We really liked our Valkyrie and put over 70K on it before buying a BMW 1150RT which we put very close to 100K on. The Beemer convinced me that a sport touring bike was the way to go and the Trophy is even better than the Beemer was. You have a few years on me as I am 59, but I will never go back to a big touring bike like the Valkyrie or Goldwing. 

Offline MyTrophyWife

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus, IN.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 03:16:57 pm »
Hi Crys,  As long as you can touch flat-footed (I lowered mine 3/4") you won't regret it.  I have a ZX11 Ninja, an 1100 Cruiser, (and just sold the 600 Naked Speed Four), & I don't really ride those anymore.  I bought the TT basically for the reasons you stated: All the new stuff, traction control, ABS, heated grips & seat, adj. windscreen, Radio/Bluetooth, Fuel injection/No choke, Fairing/element protection, Helmet ETC. storage, ETC. ETC., & I REALLY LIKE THEM!   :062:   I would like to get the ?Brush guards? added so I can add the Foot pegs though, so I can stretch out on long rides.

Good luck in your decision... :084:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:20:51 pm »
Hi crystal man.   Definitely not! Go for it, you won't regret it!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Crystalman

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Valkyrie
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 05:17:55 pm »
Thanks for the encouraging remarks, I just scheduled a test ride in Delaware. Is there a mid atlantic dealer that rents a trophy se?

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 08:03:04 pm »
Hi Crystalman and  :400:  to the Forum !

Don't forget to take your Wallet with you when you go for the Test Ride,
as you will be wanting to put down a Deposit when you return the Trophy to the Dealer  :169:

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 10:35:50 pm »
Crystalman,
I've never ridden a Valkyrie. I'm not 66, just 62. But I've only been riding 6 years and I think the Trophy SE is magnificent. I find that the seating position on the Trophy is much easier on my back than the seating on a cruiser. I see you have scheduled your test ride. I predict a purchase is imminent.
You will love it.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 12:00:26 am »
Welcome to the Forum :400:  I believe you will find the Trophy a much better ride.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch