Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What's your favourite ?  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Bluebird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: St Clears
What's your favourite ?
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:53:47 pm »
As we all use this forum to talk bike issues and more, I guess most of us buy a Motorcycle Magazine regularly. So what's your favourite Motorcycle Mag and why.
For me it's Motorcycle Sports and Leisure, some months more appealing than others, but on the whole I think it covers a good cross section of motorcycling interests.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: What's your favourite ?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 08:41:48 am »
Mine is "Moto & Loisirs" a Belgian magazine, available in French, Dutch, paper and digital. It's very much about what I'm looking for from a bike magazine: tourism, equipment, itineraries, tips for riding long distance.....and not so much about the last japanese rocket that you can only (safely) use on a race track. Besides the paper is top grade and the pictures of very high quality
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Was: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:42:47 pm »
Been getting the American Motorcyclist mag from the AMA for decades, find it very useful to keep up on general things motorcycling.

I really don't have a favorite, stopped subscribing a few years back because all the reviews were always "This Bike Is PERFECT", they never reported flaws.   Recently started getting Cycle World.  Not that their reviews are that objective, but they have good articles from time to time on operation and places to tour that I might actually be able to get to some day...
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES NON-DCT

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 04:49:58 pm »
I get Ride every month for some interesting articles, MCN for a quick read each week and Nacelle, the Triumph Owners Mag which is a must read to find out anything Triumph and events.

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 01:44:04 am »
Here in the States my favorites are Rider and RoadRunner. Lots of useful info in both!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline CoJaW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 10:39:00 am »
I've recently subscribed to Motorcycle Sport & Leisure after deciding that the previous magazine I had read for about 20 years was a bit too 'knee down' for my age!
I also went for the digital on line version in order to reduce the piles of old magazines I had lying around the place! It also helps that I can zoom the smaller text!
So far I'm very happy with the change!

:152:

Online ISU Cyclone

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Algona, IA
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 03:54:54 am »
I get AMA's American Motorcyclist & Rider. AM has some good articles about government relations/issues as well as some good touring articles. Rider  has some really good touring articles that make a good read in January. They do seem to have their favorite motorcycle brands but I can live with that. I already know I have one of the best bikes in the world for touring with my TTSE so I don't need to see it in print. :047:
19?? Cushman scooter, 1971 Suzuki TC100, 1973 Kawasaki Mache II 350 Triple, 1974 Honda CL450, 1976 Suzuki GT750 Water Buffalo, 1980 Suzuki GS1000, 1983, 86, 87, 87, 91 Yamaha Venture, 2013 & 2014 Triumph Trophy SE (both blue)

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 08:06:37 am »
Mine's called "Nacelle"  :001:

Free every month with your subscription to the Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club  :028:

tweedy-bunch