Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: So Just Updating  (Read 3239 times)

Offline DreamingBig

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Calgary
So Just Updating
« on: June 19, 2014, 10:56:38 pm »
Hello,

So I received my 2014 Pacific Blue Trophy SE on May 2 2014.  it was snowing here and wet.  I still was able to get it out that weekend where it promptly died and would not start.   My dealer can Monday morning and picked it up and fixed the issue by Thursday morning. Where I picked it up and rode away with out checking the stereo, until I was a few blocks away.  Yep you guessed it that we goofed now.  OK so back to the shop I ride,  they look at it for a bit and say when I come back for my break in service they will try a few more things and get in contact with Triumph before hand.  So two days later I was back in for my service, 800 km in an day and a half, no issues other than the stereo.  took it back had the service and still no stereo.  put a post on here and got some responses, so thank you guys!!!!, and went back to the shop on Then next Monday and they listened to what the members here had said and there you go fixed.  So after a month of riding when I have time I have over 4000km on the clock and I have loved every single moment on the trophy, she is an awesome ride and for me the ergonomics are great with the high seat.   I have a few 2000+ km rides planned this summer and looking forward to every single one of them!

So thank you for helping me make the decision to get the greatest bike out there!

John

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Re: So Just Updating
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 01:42:47 am »
John,
Glad you enjoy the bike and that all is well and good. Keep putting on those miles, er a kms.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:35:43 am »
Glad we wee able to help... It is what forums do best
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 12:17:14 pm »
Nice one John, and thanks for sharing that with us  :028:

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 03:44:38 pm »
Ain't it grand when a plan comes together like the forum and all the knowledge available from a lot of people!
Hope you have a ball with it like most of the rest of us.  :046:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 04:37:31 pm »
Glad to hear the forum could help and pleasantly surprised the dealer listened to the forum. I have had two dealers flat out tell me they consider these motorcycle forums to be a nuisance and spreaders of false information and rumors
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 07:29:19 pm »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
I have had two dealers flat out tell me they consider these motorcycle forums to be a nuisance and spreaders of false information and rumors

I've heard that also quite a few times.....but must say my current dealer seems to pay attention to what's going on here  :062:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 08:04:02 pm »
*Originally Posted by Verdun95 [+]
I've heard that also quite a few times.....but must say my current dealer seems to pay attention to what's going on here  :062:
You have an unusual dealer Verdun.  When I suggested to one dealer that he could benefit by having an employee monitor this and the other Triumph forum he face got so red I thought he was having a stroke or heart attack.  I mean think of the amount of time a sales person sits around waiting for customers to come in.  That time could be much more productive if that person was reading these forums while waiting. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch