Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2014 Trophy Center Stand issues...  (Read 6289 times)

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
2014 Trophy Center Stand issues...
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:00:18 pm »
Anybody else have any difficulty issues putting the newest 2014 Triumph Trophy SE up on the center stand?

I tried it in the show room and proved to be impossible for me, actually caused an injury to my right leg tendon/calve muscle in the process?  Very weird because I've put big bikes on center stands for years!  And I do workout at the gym and do toe raises (full body weight 185 pounds (6'-2") plus holding 80 pounds of dumbbells; 20 reps x 3 sets) a few times a week- so not a slouch or weak muscles.  Actually was very proud how I could flex them and they looked chisled, now only the left one!

I know the first year 2013 Trophy Center Stand had issues with the center stands breaking and causing the bikes to fall over, and recall issued: just wondering if they re-designed it for 2014 and now it has other leverage problems, which maybe others are experiencing?
Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Trophy Center Stand issues...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:59:38 am »
My 2014 is harder to get on the stand than any bike I have owned including a 1500 wing. My issue is finding a place for my right hand. There is a hand hold of sorts at the side cover but I am to tall and have to bend too much to use it. When I bend to reach it that puts the work on my back instead of my legs. No good. The passenger hand hold is too far back for me to get proper leverage with it. I manage to get it up on the stand, but not as smoothly as other bikes I have owned. When my wife is with me and we want it on the stand she can lend a hand and no problem. My Beemer had a spring loaded handle that folded out at just the right spot. I like the Trophy much better, but miss that stupid little handle  :159:

Offline CrazyCanuck

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Toronto
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 12:01:50 pm »
I have a 2013, although harder than others, definitely doable....for me I really need to stand up and put all my weight (166 lbs) on the stand, and not pull that much.  It is obviously easier if the bike is facing uphill....that is, in my garage facing against the slope.

Gord

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:58:30 pm »
I find I can't get mine up on the center stand when I have it set on "comfort' and "one up". If I switch to "two up" and "sport" it's easy as pie. The suspension drops a lot on the lowest settings. I'm 6' and 190lbs, so you think it wouldn't be that hard to get it up on the stand. Try it and you'll see what I'm talking about.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 02:59:17 pm »
I don't have issues getting the bike on the center stand. It is infinitely easier to get on the up on the center stand than my Bonneville!
Put the bike in neutral or grab the clutch lever.
Step on the center stand.
Push down with your foot and pull up on the grab rail with your right hand.
It goes up pretty easily.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 03:41:39 pm »
I'm 5'7" (on a good day) 180 lbs., and without a top case and with the side cases loaded I can get it on the center stand fairly easily, even though mine has been lowered 20 mm.  I may try changing the suspension settings to put it on the stand with the top case per the suggestion by atvtinker.  I much prefer it to be parked on the center stand, even though I leave it in gear on the side stand and take out the forward motion driveline slack before walking away.  Even though there are comments regarding lowering and the possible requirement  to shorten the center/side stand I haven't found it necessary, since I don't ride it with the top case most of the time anyway.  It's even a lot more fun without any cases on it at all, and it still looks good in the process, which some competitors can't match.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline TerryB

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Valencia, CA
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 03:43:29 pm »
I own a 2014 and putting it on the center stand is not an issue even with a full tank of gas, panniers, and top box. Very easy once you get the technique down.
Motorcycle and me, Motorcycle set me free - Daniel Ash

Offline davybull

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE L
  • City / Town: Wigan
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 04:55:53 pm »
Yep as has been said before don't try and pull it onto the stand. Press straight down on the pedal bit with your foot and pull straight up on the grab handle. Goes up pretty easy!  :001:

It's getting it down that causes me to drop the bugger!!  :233:

Dave.

Trust me......
I ride a Triumph.

tweedy-bunch