Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Still would like a back rest for the driver! Come on someone.... make one!  (Read 4977 times)

Offline flyingz06

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Indiana

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham

Offline flyingz06

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Indiana
i knew they had one. but Corbin is over priced and that backrest looks wimpy.  it sits way back a.d looks like it has limited movements

Offline felix

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14' Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Riverside
I have just delivered my bike to one of the best in the West....Give me a few weeks see what we come up with, but it is in the lines with your thoughts. Im also thinking of a Solo Seat, a 2x up with a mini back rest and even removing the grab rails and do a cover from the back to the grab rail points....

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
I still have the Back Up off of my K1600 that the dealer told me I could keep when it was traded, and after looking at the Trophy's rider seat I can't see why it would be that difficult to adapt a backrest to it.  I was intending to make a template and send it to Back Up to make one for my existing backrest (which they would do by the way).  I have too many other things in the works right now with house sale and house purchase to get to it right now.  I'll be really interested in what felix comes up with.  I'm hoping it's Bill or Rick Mayer, I've been contemplating a seat rework from one or the other of them.  Problem is I don't want to have to do without my bike while all that is going on.  I also want to do something about some nice looking highway pegs for the R&G bars.  I dislike all the clunky looking options that are currently available.  Oh well.....what's a farkler to do???
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
I was looking at the standard Triumph Trophy's Rider and passenger "heated" Seats and price for them - gulp!!!

Then I spotted the Corbin dual HEATED seat, with optional back rests for both rider and passenger (when top box backrest not installed for the passenger to rest against).

So, the one dual heated Corbin seat ends up being about the same cost as the two required Triumph heated seats, but with bonus added backrests!  I think it looks better too!  So, guess which one I'm opting for!

BTW- I'm kind of new a shopping for a new motorcycle, have shopped for many new cars and truck in the past:  Does it TICK anyone else off that you can't just order the item on the bike the way you want it from the factory? 

For instance, have to buy the bike with standard seats, then pay about $500-$600 to buy heated seats to replace them.  Why can't customers just order heated seats from the factory and have them installed as the bike is being built, and pay a slightly higher price for the added Heating feature of the seats, instead of replacing the whole seats!  What a waste!

Then there's the cheaply engineered and expensive TOP BOX issue:  Have to buy a whole top box ($480), then buy another upper color coordinated lid part that color matches/coordinates with the rest of the bike of another $140, and toss the original upper lid part away, or set on a shelf to collect dust.  Again, what a waste!  Why not just charge $520 (+ $40) for a top box with choice of color?  And gotta buy a special sliding carriage for $200: you mean the regular standard shelf won't work!  And another $40 for a dinky pad for the passender to lean against.  This whole setup is pretty whimpy compared to the BMW's Topbox/passenger rest: which might be worth the price they want for theirs.

I have order new cars and trucks thru dealerships, built for me at the factory with accessories, etc I wanted (for slightly more upgrade prices like moonroof, sat radio, heated seats, windows, mirrors - winter package) and didn't have to first buy, then totally remove and toss the original standard parts and pay full replacement price for the upgraded items - that would be crazy!!!....so, what's with this Triumph company doing that!  Why do we let them?

One reason why I'm looking at aftermarket items: and other comparable bikes (Kawasaki Concours14, Yamaha FJR1300, BMW 1600...) and see what they offer...before my final decision.  I hate being nickeled and dimed to death....but the way Triumph is doing accessory business by charging and arm and a leg, for what amounts to waste on a grand scale in my bank account, gives me great pause!

Kind of stinks of "TAXATION without Representation" of the past, eh!

Seems like it would be so easy to sit down with a salesman, fill out a order form checking off the features you want, pay the fair upgrade price (like plus $100 more for two heated seats), and have the bike packaged and shipped to the dealer as desired; just like cars and trucks!

"Anybody from Triumph reading this...Beuller, Beuller, Beuller...."
Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
I never even asked at my dealer but with the way they do everything else for their customers they might just do that.  You would have to come to Texas, but the ride back could be fun once you stick around long enough to break it in and have them do the first service on it for free.  :164:
Best of luck,
Glenn
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Raywoodhams

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200SE
  • City / Town: South Yorkshire
Re: Still would like a back rest for the driver! Come on someone....
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 04:03:04 pm »
I looked all over for a back rest, couldn't find one and tried the Back A Line http://www.backaline.com/pages/home.html I never ride without it now, I know this sounds like an advert, but honestly I have no interest in the product other than as a satisfied customer.
"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
My trip round the UK mainland: https://greatukbiketrip.blogspot.co.uk/

tweedy-bunch