Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Break in  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edmonton
Break in
« on: June 20, 2014, 05:23:09 am »
Hello ... I am a new owner of  2014 Trophy SE.  I am currently going through the break in process as suggested by Triumph.  My question is this... Is the Trophy setup to run in a reduced power mode until the break in period is completed?  I am of course following the recommended approach but the bike does seem under powered and sluggish

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Break in
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 06:31:12 am »
The power is there... The run in period is just about the maximum revs you should apply until the run in is complete...

What was your previous bike? If it was something much lighter with higher power then the Trophy will feel less powerful....

But you should find it plenty powerful enough
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 12:24:38 pm »
Hi Scotty and  :400:  to the Club !

I have heard this before from another new owner, and I think it's just a case
of getting used to the bike and the triple engine, which keeps on going right up through
the Rev's where you're not supposed to go - yet !

I suppose it is possible that Triumph have introduced some sort of electronic limitation,
until it goes back in for its first 500 miles service - that would be technically possible,
but I haven't heard anyone saying that this is done, so it would be worth asking your Dealer.

It won't take long to rack up those first few miles, and then you'll know for sure !

While your here - you might like to drop in to the "New Members" Section,
where it's customary to Introduce yourself ( and maybe change your location from "test" ! )

Cheers  :821:

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:24:43 pm »
Thanks for the friendly welcome and information.  I will update my location.  I am up north here in Alberta Canada.

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 02:07:12 pm »
Once you get past the break in period you'll find that the bike gets up and go around the 4k to 5k rpm range and keeps pulling strong to just about the redline. I don't know how many miles you have yours, but you will notice it when you get to about the 2 last rpm limits on the break in schedule. I can't see why anyone would want to ever keep it in the higher rpms for very long because you will be way over the 70 mph speed limit just in 3rd gear! :152:
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 02:56:30 pm »
Scotty,
Follow the manufacturer instructions about reduces rpm during the break in period. I must say I never considered my Trophy underpowered or sluggish, quite the opposite!!!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 04:48:24 am »
Thanks all... Great advice

Offline biboy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY 1200 2013
  • City / Town: napoli
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 06:14:19 am »
*Originally Posted by atvtinker [+]
I can't see why anyone would want to ever keep it in the higher rpms for very long because you will be way over the 70 mph speed limit just in 3rd gear! :152:

What is a speed limit?    :164: 
 :745: