Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Canadian Rider  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edmonton
New Canadian Rider
« on: June 20, 2014, 01:31:50 pm »
Hello.. I am the new owner of a 2014 Triumph Trophy SE.  So far I love it but have allot of questions and learning to do.  I am in Alberta Canada so I am about 4 hours away from the Canadian Rockies where I plan to do my first extended tour.  I have worked my way up through 4 bikes in the last several years and have now landed on the Trophy where I hope to stay for some time.  Any advice to a new Trophy rider would be appreciated.  Also, I have heard allot of positive and negative comments on Triumph quality and reliability... If anyone can offer some comments here it would also be appreciated.  Looking forward to participating in this forum!

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Canadian Rider
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 01:59:56 pm »
7000 miles and no issues with my 2014. I raised the bars 1 inch and tossed my Air Hawk cushion on the seat and have a couple of 500 mile days with no issues.

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 02:08:25 pm »
That's encouraging feedback.  Thanks.  I am having some leg pain so I am going to try to raise my seat to see if that helps.   Does your seat add just comfort or does it add height as well?

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 02:12:38 pm »
Hi Scotty,

With a 2014 you should be fine, but some of the early 2014's still require some of the recalls/updates.  You should check your VIN against the list of recalls/updates on this forum.  I'm boarding a plane, but perhaps another member can give you the details

Welcome

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 02:23:10 pm »
Thanks for the info.  If someone could point me where to check my VIN for recall items that would be much appreciated.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 02:42:20 pm »

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 02:53:57 pm »
Welcome,

My battery failed within a few weeks of getting the bike. Since then 5400 trouble-free, fun-filled miles!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 03:07:15 pm »
Thanks everyone.  One last piece of advice... I am experiencing pain in hip while riding due to the more compressed riding position.  I have raised my seat so will see if this helps.  Does anyone have any other recommendations to help with this issue.