Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph official internal pannier bags  (Read 8072 times)

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Triumph official internal pannier bags
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:47:42 PM »
Has anyone bought a set of internal pannier bags? I would like a pair for when we go touring in Scotland in May but am concerned that they may not be very wide. When I had a CBF 1000, the bags that came with the panniers were very slim with a width of half of the pannier. Any info anyone has would be useful especially given they are an expensive item.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
Re: Triumph official internal pannier bags
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
Berber , my liners just arrived , will going to check them on Monday , will let you know my thoughts then ... :821:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 04:45:44 PM »
what did you want to know about them?

Offline atuti

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Washington DC
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 05:22:20 PM »
 Hello friends. I ordered the bags a couple of weeks ago and I am a little bit disappointed. The internal side panel of the plastic saddlebags of of our bikes are not flat. They have some "protuberances" that are not modeled in the bags. It means that even with the bags empty it becomes really dificult to close the saddle bags and, in any case, you are loosing some volume in the saddlebags.

Summarizing, from my poor point of view the bags are not properly designed. If I had known it before!!!!

On te other hand the bag for the top box is really goodg, it is big and mathes perfectly in the box.

I hope to have helped you somehow.

V,sss

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »
They are brilliant, well made, just like two small suitecases, I kept mine over from my Sprint GT which uses the same panniers. Have used them fully packed one for each of us, not had a problem closing the lids and use a rucksack for our wash gear e.t.c. in the top box so at the end of a days riding put the rucksack on and carry the two side inner cases to your accommodation.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »
Thanks for your reponses guys. I just need to know how wide the bags are. They look as if they are 300mm wide (10 inches). Am I wrong?
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 10:35:01 PM »
The ones i have are 8" wide, 10 1/2" high, give or take 18 " long. More of a taper up on the front with a taper down at the back. Very ridged. Open like clam shell. Flat side pocket each side.

Offline Bubbaslye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumphy TROPHY
  • City / Town: Charleston
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 01:05:44 AM »
As an alternative, you might want to consider saddlebag liners from GIVI -- the smaller of the two sizes offered fit the TROPHY quite well ( roughly $80 the pair ).

I bought them a few days ago at the GIVI booth in Daytona; there, I learned that the GIVI top cases do not presently
fit the TROPHY, but I was encouraged to keep calling -- perhaps in a month or two ( or three or four or . . . ), GIVI
may have developed something. 

I am content to wait -- the GIVI top cases not only look good, but the option of supplemental brake lighting is too
good to pass up.