Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Problems answering calls  (Read 7635 times)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Problems answering calls
« on: June 22, 2014, 10:50:50 am »
Hello all,

anyone noticed this?

I have an iPhone 5 plugged into the USB port for music and paired to the bike as 'Device'

When I get an incoming call the music stops, I hear my ringtone, the caller ID displays and I get the central info screen saying 'ignore call' with the up and down arrows all as I used to.

But yesterday when a call came the scroll up and down button would not change the screen from 'ignore call' to 'accept' and I could not take the call. When I got home I tried re-starting the bike and audio unit and dialling from a couple of different phones but no luck.

It certainly used to work. The configuration has not changed appreciably, swapped the Garmin 660 for a 590 but same connections used. No recent iOS update and yes, the scroll button still works for everything else.

Any body with the same or suggestions??
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline biboy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY 1200 2013
  • City / Town: napoli
Re: Problems answering calls
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 01:35:21 pm »
I do not have in IPhone5, sorry, but my question is?
It is not possible to listen to music vie Bluetooth by pairing the phone and answering the calls as well?
Or, in case, why dot not use a micro USB pen for the music and use the phone via bluetooth only?

PS every phone shall be connected to the DEVICE2 BT input?

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 04:55:02 pm »
It always was possible before to use the iPhone for music & for incoming telephone calls...I just don't understand why it has stopped working!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 06:07:51 pm »
What are you using for a headset?  I have the same problem on an infrequent intermittent basis with my Cardo G9.  Problem comes and goes with neither rhyme nor reason.   
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 12:07:00 am »
I have an Autocom L1 system with Bluetooth module..

I will need to check that out I think

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 06:43:54 am »
I have exactly the same issue.

My head set is Schuberth SRCS collar, iPhone5 and Garmin 660. I have it hooked up exactly as it should be.  Zumo660 from the dedicated power and Audio Input hard wired.  Headset Bluetooth to bike.  Phone Bluetooth to bike.

Call comes in, scroll to answer option, bike has the call but nothing in or out in my head set.  I have been told to shout answer and that action open up the helmet to sound or press the phone button on the helmet.

I suspect mine is operator error whereas your issue sounds more like a compatibility issue.

I was getting the radio cut in and out but realised it was the 660 trying to pair with the headset so dropped all Bluetooth connections from the 660, which was the case.

I bought a new Toyota car the day I picked up my bike and the Bluetooth phone, sat nav all just worked!

Love biking me.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 12:35:31 pm »
It will be gods way of telling us to stop worrying about calls and get on with enjoying your bike ride!  :008:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 05:03:39 pm »
*Originally Posted by GarminDave [+]

Call comes in, scroll to answer option, bike has the call but nothing in or out in my head set.  I have been told to shout answer and that action open up the helmet to sound or press the phone button on the helmet.

Do try the shouting out answer solution.  That is what I use on my Cardo G9.  I never use the bike controls but only loudly say "answer"  (actually any loud sound will work) It works 99% of the time for me.  Actually the call always picks up but 1 time out of 100 the other party cannot hear me.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST