Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: First week with TT  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edmonton
First week with TT
« on: June 24, 2014, 02:37:01 am »
Good evening gents... I just finished a quick ride on my new TT ending my first week since taking it home.  I have put om about 600km and will be taking it in for the 800km service next week.  Each time I go out I like the bike more and more.  It handles well and i am getting more comfortable with the bike each ride.   I have one quick question... I have been reading about the crash bars that are available for the TT and wanted to know what people think about them?  Are they worth it?  Do the degrade the lines of the bike?  Do the offer solid protection should the bike be dropped?  I look forward to reading people's input. 

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: First week with TT
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:21:27 am »
I have them on my blue one and I think they kind of blend right in.  Not ugly at all, at least not to me.  I'm sure there are others that will disagree.  That's just a start, wait till you see the radiator guard, downpipe guard, etc, etc, etc.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:37:15 am »
I think you will find that most people on the forum think they are worth it.  Especially Coconut 

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,2103.msg27459.html#msg27459

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,2484.msg32247.html#msg32247
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:52:23 am »
From the forum general history, most drops have been while moving from stationary and positioned on a slope. So watch that one. 
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 05:54:45 am »
*Originally Posted by Scotty [+]
Good evening gents... I just finished a quick ride on my new TT ending my first week since taking it home.  I have put om about 600km and will be taking it in for the 800km service next week.  Each time I go out I like the bike more and more.  It handles well and i am getting more comfortable with the bike each ride.   I have one quick question... I have been reading about the crash bars that are available for the TT and wanted to know what people think about them?  Are they worth it?  Do the degrade the lines of the bike?  Do the offer solid protection should the bike be dropped?  I look forward to reading people's input.
I consider mine a $600.00 mounting bracket. I needed a place for freeway foot pegs and an easy place to mount and get to my dual horns.

I hope to never use them for more than a mounting bracket. They look fine, IMO, but makes it a little more work to remove the fairing.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:15:17 am »
Hi Scotty,

Yep - I certainly recommend them - If you read the story on those links posted by "w8d4it" you'll see why !

I also think they look good - and if you have a read through this guide :
HOW TO : Remove the Fairing and Fit R & G Adventure Bars 
you'll find out a bit more, and see a few Photo's of them fitted  :028:

tweedy-bunch